When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Springbar failure dodged a bullet ! Phew

Ezio

Well story goes was In The movies watching The great fast and furious 7 with a date and While decided to take my work jacket on since it was gonna be cold on The Walk home i started to notice my watch felt loose so i noticed my bracelet wasnt connected to The watch head at 6 a clock and no springbar In sight must say i dodged a bullet had Walked 2 kilometers before i noticed it, was my superfranken LV couldnt imagine the damage it Would have caused dropping it on the pavement.

Anybody had this happened before and Any ideas how to prevent it ??

Best regards S

Edited by Ezio

Close call.  Ensure you are using the correct size spring bars, and of good quality, also ensure the spring bar ends are positioned correctly in the lug holes, sometimes these holes become worn, so check them with a loupe.

Had the exact same thing yesterday with a buckle of all things  :partytime:  just got a Gen strap for my SoA but thought my rep buckle would fit, no such luck so used an old 18mm I had was fine till I went to take it off then clasp went flying across the room, just caught it in time before it hit the floor.........................must have been my spidey sense kicking in :inverted:   as Micky rightly said good springbars are a must and you can't get much better than Gen can you, if no bracelet then using a nato is fail safe I suppose ;)  

The problem Im having with springbars is the fact that they are rusting on me! I have a sinn U2 that gets a regular swim, and when I want to change a strap the bastards are rusted in!

Are there good quality springbars that can tolerate water better?

Update Called up a AD today since Im out of the country so In dire need of a replacement set and they Said to me i had to bring In my watch or Else they couldnt replace Them

Is rolex beginning to Be such a pain In the """"" they dont even sell springbars before Seeing its a legit rolex ??

Well decided i had to get Them so took the chance with it and came In 5 min later i walked out with Nice watch Comment and a new set of springbars installed and a new watch haha jeez

I was vacationing in Bologna a few years ago.  While putting on my backpack, I snagged my 7032 on one of the loops, and swiftly discovered that one of the springbars wasn't fully seated.  The watch flew off my wrist, somersaulted a couple of times, and struck the sidewalk on the edge of its 7mm Twinlock, before smacking its Cyclope 128 into the concrete.  Other than some gouged metal and acrylic scratches, the worst damage was a dislodged subdial hand--later fixed by the great sssurfer's watchsmith in Rome.  

I, on the other hand, needed to be taken away by ambulance due to my stopped heart!   :D

Yeah Can now imagine what you must have felt after my experience but still surprised how the hell rolex ADs dont even wanna give out springbars before Seeing the watch first ended up paying 23 us for Them which isnt bad but still wouldnt have thought it Would have been that hard to get springbars

But mostly now i worry about every single watch i own if its gonna happen again could be expensive to drop some High dollar builds Like my LV

Gents, it's one thing to have God's Own Springbars in your endlinks, but also consider the puny little springbar in the clasp itself.  It's another potential point of failure.

I used to wear my bands a little tighter, and I'd break springbars all the time.  Now I got used to wearing them a little too loose and no more problems.

• Like 1