When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first gold watch ever

gasebah

I have to admit that I am a little concerned about the gold plating. But as I will most probably not wear it more often than once a month I should be ok. Gen strap btw.post-41814-0-18675900-1428681452_thumb.j

Edited by gasebah
  • Like 1

Thanks mates. Appreciate the comments. Have to up my game on the photos. The pictures really don't do that gorgeous thing justice. 

The movement while nicely made is an obvious tell as apart from the fact that it is inverted also one of the bridges partly overlaps with a gear-wheel. Nevertheless I am not complaining. The watch has great presence without being flashy or braggy which has partly to do with the smaller size and the fact that it is rather flat. The finish is excellent, and unless a collector tears it from your wrist I do not think that it can easily be identified as a fake. The gen strap ( or a comparable OEM strap) is an indispensable accessory though as the strap that comes with it from the TDs screams fake from a mile away.

post-41814-0-90448100-1428854098_thumb.jpost-41814-0-08692300-1428854120_thumb.jpost-41814-0-10855000-1428854664_thumb.j

Edited by gasebah

Not easy. What you pay for a gen strap depends on your patience. I have seen them from 200-350€. An aftermarket gator strap can be had for 100-200€ ("The Watchboys" have excellent quality). But in the 42mm Radimoir case it is especially difficult as the watch has the rare strap size 25/20. You might get away with a 26mm as well if you work it a bit I guess.

I was lucky as I found mine on Chrono24 and bought it from a collector in new and unworn condition for 200€. I jumped on it without hesitation even though it cost almost as much as the watch. It is so obvious that in this case the strap makes the watch.

Of course you can always have a gator strap made to your own specs from various sources.

Edited by gasebah