When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need your opinions on this Tudor 9411!

marrickvilleboy

Guys,

Saw this watch in a local store. What are your thoughts?

Guy was nice enough to let me take a few photos of it. No bracelet - comes on a nato.

All markings are there, 9 million serial suggesting late 70's early 80's model.

Think the dial is also the newer type looking at the way "Submariner" is written.

Asking price was a little deep though, looking for  A$5.2K which is around U$4K.

The crystal is a bit weird though? doesn't seem like a "Tophat".

All opinions appreciated.

1_zpsw2y7umee.jpg

2_zpsufwo5gcw.jpg

3_zpsye7cip1l.jpg

I'd steer clear of that one. Imo Tudor 941Xs 2776/2784s should hack, wasn't this one of their distinctive features? Additionally caseback looks extremely weird plus that questionable caseback. No way I'd pay anywhere near that asking price for that one. 

I'd steer clear of that one. Imo Tudor 941Xs 2776/2784s should hack, wasn't this one of their distinctive features? Additionally caseback looks extremely weird plus that questionable caseback. No way I'd pay anywhere near that asking price for that one.

I agree, for 4k you can find a 5513 if you look hard enough, at least the head and maybe even a bracelet.

Highway robbery my friend, run don't walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too expensive. I sold a blue 9411 in excellent condition with the correct bracelet for less than 4k. This around six months ago.

And you didn't let me know about it, love blue Tudors as you know   :inverted:  On the subject of the watch above I'd give it a wide berth too, expensive and few things not quite right with it either, the crystal could have been swapped out so easy enough to convert back but bit more going on here imo ;)  

thanks for views guys.

Just doing a bit of my own research, seems the that variation of the caseback is genuine. Just not as common as the thicker / bolder engravings. I have also seen 17 / 25 jewel hacking / non hacking 2784s in 9411 being sold so I think both are acceptable. I'm just caught up on this crystal. Has anyone else seen rounded top hats? is that found in 1675?

Lastly, agree that you shouldnt pay rolex prices for tudors but I think the Snowflake (9411) and the standard sub (7298) are slightly different. They generally command a higher price plus the snowflake is unique with its square hands. Haven't really seen the 9411 being sold for much cheaper than $3.5-4K these days.

Three things I have learned in the last few years is that it pays to 1) not rush to buy a watch 2) if in doubt pass 3) buy the very best.

Patience is key. We often tend to forget that there are really tens of thousands of every single Rolex (and Tudor) reference out there. These aren't rare watches no matter what dealers want you to believe. There are plenty of them around in excellent condition, they are just a little harder to find.

• 2 weeks later...

I would replace the crystal with the proper crystal which is. a 125, not a 127 like the Rolex Subs. Little bit of difference in the cyclops position.

Probably will want to start looking for a 9315 or 93150 bracelet as well!!

Congratulations, these are nice watches.

• 7 months later...

nice, Im about to purchase a 9411 however there is an aftermarket crystal on it and the rotor is swapped since it was damage, are these parts easy to find thanks. sorry to bump an old thread

I'm no expert on 9411s or their part availability, but I would hazard a guess that out of all the components you would need, a crystal and rotor are among the easiest to source. Could be wrong though!