When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sea Dweller 1665.... The dream parts list!

rolojack

MBW case and insert (need to sort the pearl and He valve out). Caseback looks flatter than MBW so that may be a replacement. Polexpete silver DWO? Gen 703 tall coronet crown. Drilled lugs with 2mm springbars I'm guessing Aussie, Ingod44 rail dial. Just thinking out loud here, could be completely wrong of course. Hands? No idea.

Hi RJ,

Thanks for posting the pics today.

This is a nice bday treat for me today as the watch looks amazing. I had no doubt you would be able to bring out the best in the parts as you always do. Now I just can't wait to get it back home :)

Diesel,

Good guess with the parts list.

mbw case - interesting point on the case back but I think it's a standard mbw? Yes it's for a drsd but that's another upgrade :)

Ingod rail dial, mbw hands, Clarks t39 crystal - I think. Athya 702 crown and tube plus the fat spring bars and just add a dash of Rolojack.

Shaken and not stirred :) voila!

I agree with diesel, the case back is wrong. Look at all the Frankenstein here, they all have the rounded case backs. Also either a gen pearl ( these have gotten crazy expensive) or and identical twin from Ofrei, and finally a real HEV or a better "faux" one. Do that, and you will have a real winner.

Here is my red SD, gen pearl, insert 92feb6b535eb0a27c143e7f10e2851c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a front head on shot?

That dial is scary good.  

I don't know much about the Mark designations for the 1665 but the initial "look" of it would have fooled me as a Gen Dial. 

I focused on the case as this is where I operated.... The watch is already packed, so next photos will be from Boxsash!

• 5 weeks later...