When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gift for MOM/Mother's Day (Need input from ladies/fine people)

It's very late to be looking for a gift, especially on here. I think I am going to get a card and flowers and maybe follow it up later with a watch on Father's Day....she has taken both the Mother and Father places for me.

My mother has never had a watch in her life. She and I just lost my grandmother who stayed with us for 4 years and we helped provide hospice-like help the last 1. She has pawned her wedding ring and all her jewelry to help her family n the past. When my dad dies at 12 she got herself a new wedding ring with some of his money that came in, its been over a decade and she pawned/sold it to help pay for bills. 

Anyways things are somewhat better (financially) now and I would like to get her a high end rep. She would be one to understand and like the value in a rep. BUT most important I know she can't pawn it.

FYI she likes David Yurman jewelry but never could afford it, so wears things that are similar. 

1.What are the best reps for Women....something not likely to be seen as a rep

2.Who does the best work/trusted dealer

3. any input from the knowledgable/ ladies

She is understated and classy. I do not mind if the watch is higher end rep. I just don't want her friends to be able to notice.

Thanks a million times over

Edited by Future Celtics Owner

I have bought fine ladies watches from Puretime as well as Trusty. I'tll take more tan a week for the watch to reach you. So I guess if you decide to go ahead with the idea you'll have to give her a rain cheque.

Good luck

I recently gave my wife a rose gold AP Lady RO. PURETIME has a great selection with Bracelets as well as leather straps. Several of the real AP experts on the AP forum say that this is the most accurate AP rep of all.

I think one of these either with or without "Diamonds" would be a great gift.

f3d512a0b6726888e5e0778b501359ba.jpg

My wife loves hers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking out for something similar too for the girlfriends upcoming birthday.

Problem is she likes her watches to be uncomplicated (not a problem) and have big numbers and contrasting hands so she can tell the time easily without putting on the other glasses.

Thinking about the Bvlgari Serpenti but I think the gold with black dial looks the best and PT doesn't do that combination. I showed her the gold + silver dial Serpenti and the first time she said she liked it, and the next time it was "OK" - anyone got a dictionary from "woman" to "man"? :)

Her friends aren't that clued up on watches so they wouldn't be curious about her wearing a $15,000 watch.

Fraggle , if anyone ever came up with a dictionary that could accurately convert "man talk to woman talk" and more importantly convert what they say to what they really mean, well I would bet he wouldn't be buying rep watches!!! That would be a best seller in every known language!!

I have found after many years of reasonably blissful marriage, never rush out and buy anything on the first" I really like this" I wait and bring it up again and then I ask her, are you sure you like this? If she is the least ambivalent at this stage, I wait some more, because chances are she will change her mind again!! Heck, considering women probably return over half of the things they buy for themselves, what chance do we have??

AFA handbags, I would never buy my wife a handbag! After all these years, I still haven't figured out what handbags she likes. She buys what she wants, I pay the credit card bill, everyone is happy. Then if she complains, she can't blame me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk