When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why I bought the 116600 Seadweller

markiemark

For quite some time I owned a TC sub (16610), but as I am used to wear 44mm PAM's the Sub became a bit small to me. So I started looking at the SubC (116610). I liked the more bulky look on the SubC's due to the larger dial indices, the thicker lugs, the larger CG's, etc. But for some reason it looked too rectangular to me. So when the v2 of the Seadweller (SD4000) (116600) from Noob came out I was quite happy!

The lugs of the SD4000 are slimmer, and the CG's are more tapered than the SubC's. That brings it closer to the more classic look of the older model(s). The SD4000 is about 2.5mm thicker than the SubC (without measuring the cyclops), this is because of the thicker case on the SD4000 and its raised crystal. The insert looks more balanced because the indices on the SubC's insert are mostly between 12 and 3 o'clock, where the insert of the SD4000 has them all around. At first this looks more busy, but at the end more balanced. The no-cyclops finishes the clean look. At first I missed it because it is part of the Rolex look, but not having a cyclops looks pretty cool actually. What about the raised crystal? Well, that is just bad-a$$!

On to some pics then!

Well aligned engravings in the rehaut, and the nice raised crystal.

nJF5eSP.jpg

Date aligned and centered? Check! And a nice SEL fitment too.

xhapKdf.jpg

The SEL is nice and tight and a bit raised like gen. Well done Noob!

WWVak1I.jpg

Helium valve. Nothing special, has the correct color.

e0EScr1.jpg

The clasp is nicely finished and closing it gives a nice and tight snap.

lFaZeKx.jpg

Lume shot later at night.

aT3Ckcv.jpg

An earlier wristie to show the dial is indeed matte, in certain light conditions and angles. Very nice!

97sxtrH.jpg

I didn't take any pics of the bracelet. But I have to say that the screws are tight, REALLY tight. I messed up one screw and scratched one link whilst trying to remove it. The bracelet was really really stiff. First I had it in a soap bath for about 30 minutes and then a WD40 bath for the night. This helped a lot! Now it is silky smooth and very comfortable. I also removed the diver extension, which made it more comfortable on the wrist.

Looks a great out of the box rep this, how does it compare fit and finish and 'feel' to your TC? I daily a TC at the moment but do like the look of these.

This is indeed a great out of the box rep! Quality-wise its about the same, top Noob quality. But TC's QC is better because he assembles the watch and checks every part himself.

Some SD's have crooked markers at 6, misaligned dates and rehaut engravings etc. But we have QC pics for that to address those things...

When it comes to the 'feel', that's quite difficult to say, because they are both complete different watches. Long story short, a great watch, a great rep, with great quality!

I'm seriously tempted by this watch. I have 3 1665's, (Double-Red, Great White and Comex) and a 16600 already. I just don't know when I would fit this one in my rotation. It's tough as it is fitting all my watches in rotation. But as a fan of no-cyclops, I am digging this watch.

I'm seriously tempted by this watch. I have 3 1665's, (Double-Red, Great White and Comex) and a 16600 already. I just don't know when I would fit this one in my rotation. It's tough as it is fitting all my watches in rotation. But as a fan of no-cyclops, I am digging this watch.

Easy job mate sell me the 16600 :p