When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you stick to the same dealer?

Lacuadra

Hi friends

From what I have read it seems that the factories are limited and basically most of the merchandise is supplied to the dealers upon availability. Service , availability and dedication is what makes the difference.

In the replica bag world we have a similar trusted dealer scenario however, there are dealers that sell the best materials, copy and stitching for certain brands. And top dealers who are ultra secret and sell the most coveted perfect replicas. In other words we have certain niches.

Is my understanding correct or Do we have dealers that specialize on certain type of replicas, quality?

And do you stick to the same dealer all things being equal?

8 years ago...i remember that to get a "Special" rolex rep case.....or a "secret" vintage daytona caliber was something hard...but that was exactly what made the dealers back then Special item dealers....there will be always Special items here......   For me its most of the time one dealer.....for something Special i go always to other members,not a dealer.....thats why we all love this forum!

Sooner or later You will have 2-3 favourites. Some are faster in communications and shipping, have better websites and favour certain factories, others may lack these qualities but put more effort into pre-selecting watches before You get to see them or have simpler payment methods. In the past, as soon as something went wrong, I switched the TD and never regretted it. The bigger the dealer, the less he will reward "loyalty", exceptions granted.

I have 3 dealers that I've dealt with to date.   PayPal acceptance is important to me, so there are some well regarded TD's that I just won't deal with.   Recently, I've leaned toward Toro and Ryan, because they offer a more narrow selection and give me the impression that they are more selective in their pieces that some of the larger TD's.   

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.   I already dealt with PureTime(Angus) and have to say they were quick to ship and the watch I got looks very impressive to me ( I am not that educated as far as those  tiny details).  I took pictures of the real one, and checked it against it (the store display), and seems like it is very convincing.  I used a virtual card number ( citi ) for payment and it went very smoothly.   No paypal for me yet, maybe later when they know me a little bit more. Citi Virtual works just fine.

Edited by Lacuadra

I have 3 dealers that I've dealt with to date.   PayPal acceptance is important to me, so there are some well regarded TD's that I just won't deal with.   Recently, I've leaned toward Toro and Ryan, because they offer a more narrow selection and give me the impression that they are more selective in their pieces that some of the larger TD's.   

Agree, Ryan takes a lot of beating. Good communication and helpful, even when customs destroy your watch.  :g: