When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ken takakura rolex 1655 project

denimhead

I've always been a massive fan of the Vintage Explorer 1655 aNd recently wanted to add a bit of my own personality to my existing watch. So after a search regarding modded/altered versions over the years i came across Ken Takakura's watch. I guess it just goes to show that nothing ever suprises me when it comes to the world of Vintage sports Rolex.

Added a nice saw edged 1675 bezel and a cousins insert, transforms the watch for me and adds a bit of weight in appearance. Ken certainly had a great eye as far as I'm concerned

Cheers DH

post-12988-0-40522200-1434456620_thumb.j

post-12988-0-08620900-1434456629_thumb.j

• Like 2

Really changes the look and provides some additional functionality over the fixed bezel; very nice!

Really changes the look and provides some additional functionality over the fixed bezel; very nice![/quotHi ubiYour right, Im amazed more gens weren't converted. Here's a nice a nice profile shot.

And then there was this worn by Oliver Shepard during the Transglobe Expedition

Such a nicer modification to the watch. The 1655 was awful to read. Very poor design and dial layout, but the case and bracelet design is beautiful. By putting in a 1675 dial and hands you turn it into a nice looking and functional piece.