When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to buy a Rubberclad...Give me your opinion!

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

So I'm torn between these two. 

It will be my one and only rubberclad and I just cant decide, I love the contrast of the Panda Dial, and the Orchard Road is just crazy cool...but I'm leaning toward the 57th street. 

HELP ME FREAKING DECIDE...LOL!!!! 

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_50&product_id=243

post-8024-0-02329600-1434478318_thumb.jp

OR 

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_50&product_id=1519

post-8024-0-42288900-1434478530_thumb.jp

OR

http://www.ttw8888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=7903

post-8024-0-47826700-1434478332_thumb.jp

I may be wrong, but I don't think Orchard Road or 57th Street are still in production/available brand new.

You can check M2M though.

If getting the black Rubberclad, get a JF/J12 version FOR SURE! ;)

To each their own. ;)

I'm not a fan of the j12 models in general though I must say that they generally have better straps, the correct deployant clasp, and better crystals.

The j12 datewheel font for the older models (is an instant put off for me, though this could be replaced with the noob datewheel)

The noob ROO reps are in general not as well made, but a lot of them have better dial details like colors, date window spacing (GP series for example), and better case accuracies (2014 SIHH series).

Neither is perfect, and I would not say that either j12 or noob is the absolute best rep maker for ROOs. It's model dependent.

For the rubberclad, I would agree with you, j12 is better. The datewheel font (and the unavoidable datewheel position of course) are giveaways. Choose the black dial/black datewheel version to minimize the tell. A cyclop mod would further enhance the depth of the rep ROO datewheel as well.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Well said on all accounts Legend, DEFINITELY very model specific. JF has better crystals, straps, and clasps indeed.

I too HATE the JF datewheel font though! Noob does pay a bit more attention to small details and dial colors I think.

However, in the Rubberclad situation (OP's question), exactly as you stated - I feel the JF is the better choice as the most important aspect to me above all else is the closer rubber coated steel bezel instead of having a Roo "Plastic-clad".

Cheers!

Edited by jpohl402

Well said on all accounts Legend, DEFINITELY very model specific. JF has better crystals, straps, and clasps indeed.

I too HATE the JF datewheel font though! Noob does pay a bit more attention to small details and dial colors I think.

However, in the Rubberclad situation (OP's question), exactly as you stated - I feel the JF is the better choice as the most important aspect to me above all else is the closer rubber coated steel bezel instead of having a Roo "Plastic-clad".

Cheers!

Ahhh yes that dreaded bezel! I forgot about that! Ok then on that account alone, for rc, jf wins hands down! :D

Sent from Mars using tapatalk