When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help- Lebron or Schumacher rep?

Bought a few high end reps in the past but that was some years ago now- I see much has changed since then and have been eyeing either the Lebron James or Michael Schumacher. From what I understand I should be looking for a Noob version, correct? Or are there any other factories you suggest? 

Apologies if this seems like a novice post, but I'm looking for someone to help point me in the right direction. Cost really isn't a concern, but I don't want to overpay either (from what I've gathered either watch is going to run me about $600-700) and obviously quality is top concern. I know nothing is 'exact', but I understand there are some extremely close reps of both out there. 

I've tried some of the authorized vendors on here; only to find some sites are shut down and others didn't get back to me. Purchased from p-cls dot com before, but they are out of business as well (if anyone has URL of new site please let me know). 

I also have been looking at a couple posts on here where users have modded them to look exceptional. 

Looking for some expert advice to help me make the most educated purchase. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

The Schumi and the Lebron are both exclusively made by JF...at least for now. So there's that. Regardless if you want to end up with one within the next few days/weeks/months, JF will be your only way to go. As far as the TD's go, they list them here. I'll let you find them though ;)

Edited by positivitony

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a few high end reps in the past but that was some years ago now- I see much has changed since then and have been eyeing either the Lebron James or Michael Schumacher. From what I understand I should be looking for a Noob version, correct? Or are there any other factories you suggest?

Apologies if this seems like a novice post, but I'm looking for someone to help point me in the right direction. Cost really isn't a concern, but I don't want to overpay either (from what I've gathered either watch is going to run me about $600-700) and obviously quality is top concern. I know nothing is 'exact', but I understand there are some extremely close reps of both out there.

I've tried some of the authorized vendors on here; only to find some sites are shut down and others didn't get back to me. Purchased from p-cls dot com before, but they are out of business as well (if anyone has URL of new site please let me know).

I also have been looking at a couple posts on here where users have modded them to look exceptional.

Looking for some expert advice to help me make the most educated purchase. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The rep schumi series all have the wrong dial color, and the wrong datewheel position. I know that most if not all ROO reps have the wrong datewheel position, but noob has shown that it's possible to get the datewheel position correct for the GP series, which essentially has the same dial dimensions as the schumi series.

The LBJ needs a lot of mods to bring it up to scratch. Wrong blue color used for the hands, overly protruding lower chrono pusher, crooked markers at 3,6,9 positions, and incorrect cyclop mag to name a few.

But comparing the two, I could and have spotted a schumi rep about 10m away on some bloke's wrist. The LBJ is a more accurate watch overall but note the parts that need work.

In conclusion, pick the lebron. At least you could work on it. The rep schumi dial color is reminiscent of lifeless elephant buttocks after 4 days of baking in the sun. The case is great but you'll find yourself wincing each time you glance at the dial.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

The rep schumi series all have the wrong dial color, and the wrong datewheel position. I know that most if not all ROO reps have the wrong datewheel position, but noob has shown that it's possible to get the datewheel position correct for the GP series, which essentially has the same dial dimensions as the schumi series.

The LBJ needs a lot of mods to bring it up to scratch. Wrong blue color used for the hands, overly protruding lower chrono pusher, crooked markers at 3,6,9 positions, and incorrect cyclop mag to name a few.

But comparing the two, I could and have spotted a schumi rep about 10m away on some bloke's wrist. The LBJ is a more accurate watch overall but note the parts that need work.

In conclusion, pick the lebron. At least you could work on it. The rep schumi dial color is reminiscent of lifeless elephant buttocks after 4 days of baking in the sun. The case is great but you'll find yourself wincing each time you glance at the dial.

Thanks bro for this, I was thinking of getting the RG Schumi but after reading this I think I'm not going to order the watch :)

I have recently purchased the AP LBJ and have sent her for the various mods discussed above to be performed. In the meantime I bought the first SMP Lover black gatopr strap which is simply stunning ready for her return. A grey strap is on order to swap out as desired. This is my first strap from SMP and I can only say I am very impressed!

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-23630300-1436798480_thumb.j

I have recently purchased the AP JLB and have sent her for the various mods discussed above to be performed. In the meantime I bought the first SMP Lover black gatopr strap which is simply stunning ready for her return. A grey strap is on order to swap out as desired. This is my first strap from SMP an dI can only say I am very impressed!

Regards

AJ

LBJ bro, LBJ. :lol:

I have recently purchased the AP JLB and have sent her for the various mods discussed above to be performed. In the meantime I bought the first SMP Lover black gatopr strap which is simply stunning ready for her return. A grey strap is on order to swap out as desired. This is my first strap from SMP an dI can only say I am very impressed!

Regards

AJ

Stunning strap mate! SMP is a great strapmaker ;)