When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No click bezel

HaydenM

Vintage 1675 bezels didn't click. Design was like the 5512. You press down on it to turn it and when pressure is released it locks into place. At least on a gen. Most reps the bezel is too loose.

Vintage 1675 bezels didn't click. Design was like the 5512. You press down on it to turn it and when pressure is released it locks into place. At least on a gen. Most reps the bezel is too loose.

Okay, this one pretty much turns completely freely, no downward pressure needed and definitely no locking in place.

Does anyone have a pic of the washer just so I am on the same page?  I have the same thing happening with my Puretime 1680.  It just spins freely. On hot and humid days it is nice and tight, but inside it is definitely too loose.  Would a WSO or gen assembly fix that?  Is it even necessary to replace these parts if bending the washer fixes it?

Okay guys, in line with my ignorantly destructive habits with reps I took the bezel off of my cartel 1675. There was no metal washer. What there was was a plastic ring that fit around the crystal over which a quite strange bezel mechanic pressure fit. It was certainly not gen like in construction. The bezel and the turning portion were one piece that were built into each other (I may take pictures but as I have put it back together not I'm not too eager to pull it apart again).  

Yeah, it's like a plastic washer sort of thing that the bezel mechanism fits over. It's odd. I'll try to upload a photo at some point when I get a bezel insert to swap.

The plastic ring ensures that the retaining ring has a pressure fit with the crystal. It's compensating for poor crystal/retaining ring tolerances (you won't find it on a gen-spec assembly). The actual bezel clips on top of the retaining ring, the metal friction washer should sit between them.

The plastic ring ensures that the retaining ring has a pressure fit with the crystal. It's compensating for poor crystal/retaining ring tolerances (you won't find it on a gen-spec assembly). The actual bezel clips on top of the retaining ring, the metal friction washer should sit between them.

I may upload a couple of photos of the whole assembly if I take it apart again.