When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Casework -PCG- Eagle beak- rounded Cg's.

Dlf

I haven't had much time recently to work on my builds, I keep buying parts though :lol:

Evidently I had a free day and Managed to get round to shaping a few cases i laser welded in previous months.

All three cases are different makers and all had a substantial amount of material welded on to create each specific reference as accurate as I could.

I had added another smaller amount to my pcg case to try and create the correct look (thanks for the heads up dbane) it's not perfect but I'm happy with it now.

The 'eagle beak' is a cartel 'stailess steel' case, I had to add what it felt like an entire wheel of stainless wire ....dam these cases are so stubby! But it turned out nice.

The other mystery case has nice sloping lugs compared to the cartel fat cases more appropriate for a pcg, but too late now, case was also welded and shaped.

All cases drilled to 1.3mm holes for fatty sprinbars a was thinking to reshamfer the cases but was going for a worn look on the pcg and EB so maybe a box of nails and weak polish instead.

All crowns are Athayas no retapping needed which is great, plus they are unbeatable for the money.

I have a few dials in mind for the EB case but nobody makes a MK1 dial like this

So I will have a friend design one :), and get it made.

Reference images of eagle beak

4522a3bb4900b9465d45a5ac30929be3_zpszclb

5fdc683ee2b95ee2660952896f20914e_zpsf6re

b6a821e9eb32f274ac8f7864969a233b_zpsgxgc

Also now Yuki makes the slightly fat font insert with a red triangle which is what I will use for the EB bezel insert.

5b103549b03d4a2e13ed15100d121568_zpsdy8x

Here are some crap pics of cases

d914f4e00b371373433b94660227fc96_zpsixqt

27b5cc8921703a97869a321b5095936e_zpsv3y9

cc38c0f6df2972bd90472dddc122fdf5_zpsxngo

• Like 2

That's great casework. Are there any documented projects of square CG builds? DFL, I would guess you would knock that out of the park.

I know yuki has a case, plus there are some Vietnamese cases out there, but where's the fun in that :lol:

I'm working on it! :)

Those look really nice. I bet another great one would be a 1675 case with the insides of the CG's built up and reshaped so that a correct 5.3 mm crown would work in place of the 6mm that all the rep makers use. That's my pet peeve with most of the 1675 builds, the 6mm crown is a dead giveaway.

Great skills you have here, sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know yuki has a case, plus there are some Vietnamese cases out there, but where's the fun in that :lol:

I'm working on it! :)

I actually contacted yuki about that a short while ago and as it turns out, he's discontinued it. The Vietnamese cases may be one's last hope :)

That's great casework. Are there any documented projects of square CG builds? DFL, I would guess you would knock that out of the park.

Here is my Vietnam case:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/174123-rolex-1959-submariner-5512-square-crown-guard-here/?hl=%2B5512+%2Bsquare+%2Bcrown+%2Bguard

I'm afraid it's the only good option. It is dismantled now again as I found a correct dial and I'll fit a better bracelet and crown....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...