When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Acceptable time keeping question.

Pearl

I'm new at this and have my first rep which I really like and am very impressed with. It's an Omega 300 Seamaster Chrono 175e76d4a694385f9278ededb1606796.jpg

It's powered by an A7753. I loose about 2 minutes a week. I wear it everyday. Is that acceptable? Should I open it and make an adjustment? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequently as they "wear in" and all the parts get broken in, watches will get a little more accurate. I would wear it for a few weeks and then see what it looks like. I wouldn't try to adjust it right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you take off at night lay it down crown up (on its side). This way you can compensate a bit as the movement will speed a bit in this position. Completely normal with mechanical movements. Even genuines.

I read somewhere about its resting position, but somehow thought it was suggested to lay it flat to gain a little. I'll try placing it on its side and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I really don't want to open it and start shoving that lever!

Here you go, this came with all Rolex watches years ago.

07296cb8d428f47b21a15db031801512.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I read. Came up when I googled regulating watch.

Well I tried that, on its side crown pointing up. It stopped twice last night! I wore it pretty much all day, took it off at about 9:00 it quit at 1:30 or so. I didn't wind it but swirled it for a bit, re set it and set it down again crown skyward. It stopped just before 8:00 this morning. Over the past three months I've only ever laid it flat at night and it's never stopped. I did not wind it manually. So how bout that! I work today till 9:00 and you would think that would give enough of a wind, and I'll try it again tonight and see what happens.

A suggestion: take really care if you want to service that watch. I had the ETNZ version and it came out that the hands were GLUED to their pinions. If someone tries to take them out to service the movement there is a big risk of broke the pinions...