When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartel 1680 Question

Guest rg21044

Guest rg21044

Any help or input will be appreciated.

I would like some opinions on choosing between a good re-lume of the rep dial of a cartel 1680 (to improve shape and color) vs. installing a Yuki gen spec dial which might involve shaving the dial (from 26.5 down to 26mm) to make it fit the cartel case.

If you have a preference between the two I would appreciate your input. Also, if you know someone who would/could do either of those two things I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks.

Guest rg21044

I'm building a cartel with a yuki dial in the next few. If you are using a cartel dial, the date window isn't beveled it is rounded off. Not a huge deal but to me it is a detail I don't like on the cartel dials. My 2c. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you shaving the yuki dial to fit the cartel case? Do you have any idea about the date window of the yuki dial lining up with the eta date wheel and gen / gen spec crystal if you are planning to replace that as well?

Guest rg21044

I haven't done it before, but I know others have. I'm doing a 5513 so the DW isn't an issue. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smart man. A 5513 is going to be m next project. I leaped before I looked with the 1680. If I had known then what I know now, the 5513 would have been my first build. Good luck. I'd love to see it when you are finished.

Yuki has two dials- the Rolex 1680 dial with the date window in the correct location for a 1680 sub. The other dial is for an eta and has the date window to the right for the eta movement.

When you install a Rolex type date wheel overlay (DWO) on the eta date disc, it shifts the date to the left and works with the Rolex spec dial.

Cartel watch should take the 26.5mm dial  w/o shaving. MBW cases take a 26.2mm dial since the MBW 1680 case is really a copy of the late model 5513. 5513 dials are 26.0mm to 26.2mm