When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Western Union?

busetinha

I recently placed an order with one of the TD's and paid via western union, it shows that the money was picked up yesterday, I asked the TD to confirm and still haven't heard back, granted its only like 10am in China where he lives and he's probably still doing morning stuff and getting ready for his day, so I'm not too worried.., but the whole process got me thinking... the only information that western union required was his name and country...THATS IT! so anyone with his same name that lives in china can technically walk into a western union and claim the funds...It was a relatively large order too...has anyone ever had any issues with western union and people claiming money that shouldn't have claimed it? I am sure everything is fine, and it actually was the TD who received the funds (hopefully he replies back soon and puts my mind at ease lol), but the lack of information that WU requires to send money overseas just kinda got my nerves rattled.

ah ok, well he is the only other person who had the MTCN number, so it must have been him. WU never directed me to provide the MTCN to the receiver (even though I did), so I didn't know that it was needed for collection. Anyhow, if that's the case, then no one else but him would have been able to collect. Im sure its all good.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok lets be clear about the whole WU thing.

In most countries now you can send money via online site, just like PP

When sending money via WU you can use your CC which gives 120 days chargeback protection, PP gives 45 days

When paying WU to a TD you are sending money to someone who has been listed on these forums for years so you do have an avenue to fix issues.

When paying PP it is you the buyer who has all the protection and in very many cases you are a total unknown, all dealers have been burned many times by unknown buyers through PP.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...