When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Dinkis

Hi all,

intterested in a Tudor heritage black bay. I usually buy from angus and I'm wondering if anyone has either of the versions he has available or fromToroBravo. Just looking for general opinions on these or if anyone has one they want to part with. Thanks!

Well Dinkis there is a lot of variables V1, V1.5 was it guys when they first came out  , then V2 and improved V2 something about proper lum as I remember , never really got it all straight as was not shopping for one . If I was I would read across all the boards and nail it down. Maybe others have and can chime in.

Edited by Mike on a bike

got the blue from toro, what exactly do you want to know?

the insert on all of them is the worst part. the insert color is wrong and the lumi pearl is raw lume. mine discolored to a lime almond after being the in the sun. you can get a gen replacement insert for about $250. other than that. the movement is an asian eta copy, probably better than most asian eta copies. mine keeps +2 sec/day on the wrist. with little to no wear and daily hand winding it loses average -4 secs/ day. the dial font size is not accurate. bracelet is decent. lume is good. overall its a great reproduction at a great price, making it a great buy. once gen inserts become available slightly used for around $100 that will be my first and only upgrade tot his watch. i would recommend this rep without hesitation. just have a careful eye with the QC process.

Fantastic and very versatile watch imho with the "modern meets vintage" touch and gilt-look on the red very well done. I find the rep to be fantastic and easy to wear in all occasions - respectively from morning to late evening and night, except the shape of the crystal dome from a sideview and the crown when screwed out it´s very close to gen overall.

V1 - red remains my favourite, with nice even lume and somewhat creamy white on the markers and dials (others did not like the pearl on V1).

V2 - terrible without a re-lume with mismatched hands compared to the markers (improved pearl, although to me it looks the same).

V3 - errors of V2 corrected, still markers and hands are too "white" (the blue model does not have these issues as the markers are white anyway)