When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Price Of Hublot Big Bang?

elprimerozen

Guest overboosted

i was all set to fork out the $$$ and now i see Hublot makes a "small" BB at 41mm?

How big is this f-in thing? The one that is repped.

Could someone take a pic of it beside a 44mm PAM or a Rolex for size comparison for us?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this complaining about high price. But think of this for second. Even in the genuine watch world Brand A will charge $3000 for a chrono with 7750, Brand B will charge $5500 and brand B will charge $9500. Some will only decorate the movement and some will do fiurther upgrades but in the end it is a 7750 wrapped in a different design and brand name. I don't see anyone compaining about that, people just pay for what they like.

Some reps are harder to make and require much more effort, look at all the elements that come together to make HBB. I think complaining that it is $400+ and not $300 is just plain silly. Be happy it's not $600 or more.

Of course they do. As a matter of fact I got an automatic Swiss movement women size Tissot for my wife from an AD. It's a great watch assembled in Switzerland and it was less then what we pay for the reps with Chinese movement. She doesn't care about watch brands and movements and did not want anything expensive as long as it has seconds hand. Tissot worked out perfectly.

But for guys like us and others it is all about brand perception, we buy into the brands and what they represent, their design and even status, panerai, iwc and others.

I'm sure if anyone had a choice to pay $320 for a rep of great looking $1000 Tissot or $6000 Panerai, both with the same beautiful finish and movement every single person would go for a Panerai cause in your mind you are also buying a brand (even if it is only a rep). Brand perception makes us buy reps of great, established and most of the time very expensive brands. I have been laughing almost every day for past 2 years while wearing any of 3 Panerai reps I have cause I don't even think of them as reps anymore just little lower quality versions I got for a fraction of a fraction what I'd have to pay for genuine ones. It makes it so much fun as everyone here knows.

Edited by lfovco