When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Price Of Hublot Big Bang?

elprimerozen

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they plan on selling a lot of them then the price will drop, it has to. If they are happy with some sort of smaller "limited run" then I imagine it could stay high (though even then may still drop).

Years ago a lot of fakes were in the $400 - $500 range, they certainly were NOT worth it but there was less competition and a less educated market. Now we only see that price range for either genuine movements or in the case of the Big Bang a very specialty product. I think they will sell to the early adopters and then you will see the price come down as other dealers get the watch. In a coupel of months it will be in line with other higher quality fakes.

My hope is that Angus can get the price down quickly so he gets the advantage of those sales. It would be a shame to have the other dealers steal all of the future sales with lower prices.

I think this rep. manufacturer will see the sense in making many different models from this project and the price will drop significantly. At timezone the BB watch has been described as the "Mr. Potato Head" watch since so many case parts can be changed to put out different models. The rep. manufacturer has put a lot of effort into getting this casing just right so now he can put out other models like the genuine makers without having to retool, makes sense, plus any minor flaws will get corrected. Us first acquirers pay the $$ penalty and accuracy penalty.

I remember being so grateful to eddie for selling me a 051 for $365 that I would have named a child after him...I remember gloating to someone who paid $1100 for a swiss daytona that my brilliant negotiating skills got me the same bad boy for the low low price $960. And let's not forget the 2892 Conquistador I absolutely stole for $399....and raise your hand if you paid more than $300 for the dime-thin-crown "2852" 111's when they first came out.

Those of you who have joined are little merry band of geeks pretty recently: by the time the snow melts off your front yard you'll be able to buy a big bang for $248 shipped.

Inevitably it will come down in price as there is no way that the manufacturer went to this amount of accuracy to sell 50 watches. But I don't ever see this being a $250 rep. And lest we forget, on the 187 although the first generation was not worth $850 and came with the inferior first generation 7750 movement the second generation did not come with AR, had an inaccurate He valve, had glued versus bolted on markers and poor date font. :) By the time this rep falls $100 the AR may well be gone and who knows what else.

That may be the case with some 187s but the mass majority of watches get better and cheaper the older they get. Look at the 1950 or just about ANY other model. They first come out with all sorts of flaws and cost a fortune, then as generations go by the flaws get corrected and the price plummets. Now this being the world of fake watches there are always odd things that can happen. Details can disappear or change from one generation to the next... but in general things get better and cheaper... and quickly.