When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Price Of Hublot Big Bang?

elprimerozen

Guest chronomat123

Guys, give Angus a break. If you've kept up with his posts over on TRC, you'll see that Angus is the dealer we've been hoping for: For instance, with the new Breitling Chronomat Evo rep he's bringing to the table, he had the factory design the watch for perfection via our input. This is the kind of dealer I don't want to lose.

Lay off. Or at least try to be more respectful.

Merry Christmas.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chronomat123,

No offence to you but please dont be naive.

Maker has the genuine watch to compare. Why do they need your input? The Hublot Big Bang was an idea of Joshua given to the Maker who at the point of time did not even know the brand "HUBLOT". In the end, someone else gets the credit for what Joshua has done. The Maker bought a piece of a genuine Hublot BB and replicated from that. Inputs from Angus and you guys? Why do they ever need that?

Remember...what you see posted by Angus are just prototypes. Those Makers does not make right the first time and so what you guys see is somehow wrong here and there. Do you think the Maker is BLIND? They will improve on themselves till they get it better.

As for the Breitling SuperOCean and the other watches, do you really think ANGUS has the only right to shoot the prototypes? Joshua and I also can shoot them but REMEMBER they are just prototypes and the over-hype of it does not make any sense at all. Just look at the Hublot Big Bang..

ANGUS started the so called sale at low price which he didnt fulfill. Well guys, if you think I am lying to you, ask Joshua. I have to give credit for Joshua for asking the maker to consider the watch... thats the truth. I saw the genuine myself after speaking to joshua about 4-5 months back and thought this watch is marvellous.

I rest my case

Andrew

chronomat123,

No offence to you but please dont be naive.

Now You are naive!

Maker has the genuine watch to compare. Why do they need your input? The Hublot Big Bang was an idea of Joshua given to the Maker who at the point of time did not even know the brand "HUBLOT". In the end, someone else gets the credit for what Joshua has done. The Maker bought a piece of a genuine Hublot BB and replicated from that. Inputs from Angus and you guys? Why do they ever need that?

The Makers have the genuine watch MOST of the time. Still they produce shitty watches that have a lot of flaws. Funny, huh?

Many flaws in the hublot have been fixed because WE pointed them out. The H on the dial for example. Joashua may have asked the manufactor to make a Hublot, but Joshua has NOT kept us up to date with sample pictures, and Joashua has NOT asked for our input.

Remember...what you see posted by Angus are just prototypes. Those Makers does not make right the first time and so what you guys see is somehow wrong here and there. Do you think the Maker is BLIND? They will improve on themselves till they get it better.

Yes, Yes... sure sure! And because they are soooo damn smart they still have not fixed the recessed pin for example on all the pams. Fact is, makers dont have an eye for some details. A lot of members here DO have an eye for those details which seem to be minimal to most other people.

As for the Breitling SuperOCean and the other watches, do you really think ANGUS has the only right to shoot the prototypes? Joshua and I also can shoot them but REMEMBER they are just prototypes and the over-hype of it does not make any sense at all. Just look at the Hublot Big Bang..

And yet you guys dont do it. I think what Angus is doing is great. And I give him credit for what he has done so far. He has invested a lot of time by replying to all of our concerns and questions!

I think its very childish of you to act like Angus has done nothing special.

ANGUS started the so called sale at low price which he didnt fulfill. Well guys, if you think I am lying to you, ask Joshua. I have to give credit for Joshua for asking the maker to consider the watch... thats the truth. I saw the genuine myself after speaking to joshua about 4-5 months back and thought this watch is marvellous.

No, I dont think you are lying to us, but I think you dont give Angus the credit he deserves. Joshua may have suggested to make this watch, but Angus let us see behind the doors and answered all of our questions and our input helped making this watch better!

so what ? at insane cost and profiteering margins ?

please........

it is afterall a asian 7750 replica...

If I recall, your watch is only 28$ cheaper! 30$ is about the usual difference between different dealers.

River also offers some watches 50-100$ cheaper than you do!

And I agree, its an asian 7750 replica, and I wont buy it either until it goes below 300$!

This maker of the Big Bang is NOT the one who made the Panerais with Swiss Unitas Swan Neck, Breitling Navis, IWCs...etc.

Those flaws on the other watches are made by other makers. You can call them stupid but I think you are labelling the Makers and the buyers alike too. There are still many people who buy them, piece after piece. These customers know the true value... you are paying only a minute fraction of the price of an original and you get all the satisfaction out of it. Remember replicas are always replicas... if you really want a 1:1 100% perfect one, get the genuine. =)

If Joshua did not even mention it, I believe this Hublot Big Bang will never have existed in the first place. Give credit when due. Joshua is my competitor but we do share thoughts on upcoming replicas and also give input to the Makers as well. Dont think that Joshua and I do not surf the Forums to read comments. Though we never posted anything about watches, we do look into them and speak to makers... Do we need to list everything down?

Well... as I say, I rest my case again. Its just a replica Hublot Big Bang..LOL

Andrew

This maker of the Big Bang is NOT the one who made the Panerais with Swiss Unitas Swan Neck, Breitling Navis, IWCs...etc.

Those flaws on the other watches are made by other makers. You can call them stupid but I think you are labelling the Makers and the buyers alike too. There are still many people who buy them, piece after piece. These customers know the true value... you are paying only a minute fraction of the price of an original and you get all the satisfaction out of it. Remember replicas are always replicas... if you really want a 1:1 100% perfect one, get the genuine. =)

I never said I need a 1:1 perfect 100% replica, I just said that I think it is GOOD when Angus talks to the rep makers so he can correct falws.

Why should we accept a watch with flaws if its soo easy to make it better?

And I dont know which makers makes which watch, and honestly I dont care either. But what I do know is, that every replica has at least ONE little flaw that can be corrected just SO easy. If we tell Angus this, he can tell the makers and the maker can correct it. Win-Win situation!

Dont act like the Hublot makers makes no flaws at all and has superman-vision (See the H on the dial for example). There have been flaws on the watch that have been corrected because WE pointed them out. Even if it was just one tiny flaws, I'm confident that we corrected it with our input!

I really don't like the direction this thread has gone. I am totally surprised at the posts by Andrew and Joshua, particularly Joshua. It's not his usual style to badmouth another dealer. We are talking about around a 9% price difference between dealers. You don't see Paul singling people out for overcharging, and Eddie is generally pricier than everyone and no dealers gives him grief.

Angus has been working pretty hard to keep people up to date on what is happening with this watch. If that is his angle, then let him do it. I know I've been waiting for this watch for a long time but I probably won't purchase from Angus. All dealers will benefit from his marketing of it, and you'll remember from his first post, he never took any credit for it's beginnings.

Slay

Below USD300? LOL... you can really wait on this...trust me (no pun intended)

Andrew

Then I will wait. I dont NEED to have this watch.

the math..... is what you miss.... is the price i am offering for the big bang is cheaper or dearer ?

Thats the math.....

joshua

So? I NEVER said yours was more expensive, I said YOURS is CHEAPER, but not very MUCH cheaper. You probably did not read my post correctly!

I really don't like the direction this thread has gone. I am totally surprised at the posts by Andrew and Joshua, particularly Joshua. It's not his usual style to badmouth another dealer. We are talking about around a 9% price difference between dealers. You don't see Paul singling people out for overcharging, and Eddie is generally pricier than everyone and no dealers gives him grief.

Angus has been working pretty hard to keep people up to date on what is happening with this watch. If that is his angle, then let him do it. I know I've been waiting for this watch for a long time but I probably won't purchase from Angus. All dealers will benefit from his marketing of it, and you'll remember from his first post, he never took any credit for it's beginnings.

I dont like the badmouthing either, thats what I'm trying to point out this whole time! I think what Angus has done is great and we should give him credit for that.

I never said I need a 1:1 perfect 100% replica, I just said that I think it is GOOD when Angus talks to the rep makers so he can correct falws.

Why should we accept a watch with flaws if its soo easy to make it better?

And I dont know which makers makes which watch, and honestly I dont care either. But what I do know is, that every replica has at least ONE little flaw that can be corrected just SO easy. If we tell Angus this, he can tell the makers and the maker can correct it. Win-Win situation!

Dont act like the Hublot makers makes no flaws at all and has superman-vision (See the H on the dial for example). There have been flaws on the watch that have been corrected because WE pointed them out. Even if it was just one tiny flaws, I'm confident that we corrected it with our input!

A Very Simple Equation for you to digest:

Flaws found ---> Corrected ---> More cost incurred to change (depending on the process at which the project is in) ---> Price increase due to it ---> Cost high ---> You guys dont buy ---> WIN -WIN? LOL...

E.G. This project was delayed due to the fact that the Sapphire Glass was installed wrongly.

A Very Simple Equation for you to digest:

Flaws found ---> Corrected ---> More cost incurred to change (depending on the process at which the project is in) ---> Price increase due to it ---> Cost high ---> You guys dont buy ---> WIN -WIN? LOL...

E.G. This project was delayed due to the fact that the Sapphire Glass was installed wrongly.

You dont have to get exorbitant with me, I never attacked you!

I said I am not going to pay 450$ for a asian 7750 replica. There are a lot of ppl who would probably pay the price.

And 450$ is still cheaper than modding the watch yourself.

Simple Equation for you to digest ;) :

Panerai 1950:

Flaws: Bad Lume, (sometimes) no sapphire, recessed pin

Costs to fix yourself: 100$ Superluminova, 80$ Crystal, 20$ getting the crystal pressed on the watch, 100$ pin fix = 300$ of additional $ you have to invest the watch.

I'd rather have the watch 50$ or 100$ more expensive without those flaws than having to fix them myself! If you take a look into davidsens section for example, you would see that he offers a 1950 with all those upgrades for about 100-150$ more than what you guys charge. And I think he sells them quite well!

Regarding the SS version, for example, the bottom line price difference is USD$45.00. (Trustytime: $413.00 shipped; Puretime: $458.00 shipped). That's a pretty good savings. And at least the price didn't jump up by a huge margin at the last minute, which I think you guys took exceedingly well!