When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rose Gold Big Bang-$478?

chrono903

This is just the usual commercial practice. Since there is high demand initially, just milk the early adopters, just like technology. In time, with new models and improved versions, the price will drop. The makers will probably not just make 100 watches and stop. They will probably make thousands to cover their cost and make a decent profit. Soon they will realise that not many are bitting and they will lower the price to sell off their stock...

That's a huge price. But if it's a limited edition rep with more expensive parts... why not?

MBW 1680 red Sub generally sells for around $400 with standard ETA movement, although it's much less accurate than most modern day replicas. I haven't seen those prices coming down after all these years...

500 bucks is too much for ANY rep (for me personally). But if the rep is awesome and has some extraordinary features... I don't have anything against the idea of dealers charging for more.

Limited edition my ASS! Its a freakin rep, why would they make a limited edition? do you think the rep makers are like "ohh, we are so elite, we can launch a limited eidition, because we are so elite 1337 0mG pwNz0Rs!!!!11!11!!"

i agree. they spent what, $9000 for a genuine to take apart and then all the time and effort. they are going to sell every one they can sell and make as much money as possible...

if they get under $300 i'm in :thumbsupsmileyanim: