When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Professional

marrickvilleboy

i spent about five minutes trying to figure out how to spell the sound that homer simpsons makes when he's drooling/purring/gurgling.

that is some sweet 2254.50. big, jen-you-wine hands. i'm guessing the more recent one-piece end-link bracelet? also, a pretty darn nice looking pearl... hey... wait... that's the genuine bezel/insert, isn't it?

(i need to re-read the old rwg posts about this fine piece of 'mega. yow!)

yes, indeedy... very jealous.

thanks for the eye candy! [insert homer sound here.]

( chrono903: i'd be careful. that could easily be a photo of "marrickvilleboy" herself, an omega hyper-wizard or -witch shrouded in mystery, an entity of terrible power and, possibly, sublime beauty. and yes, i'm referring to his/her omega movements, there. )

( chrono903: i'd be careful. that could easily be a photo of "marrickvilleboy" herself, an omega hyper-wizard or -witch shrouded in mystery, an entity of terrible power and, possibly, sublime beauty. and yes, i'm referring to his/her omega movements, there. )

...how did you know..... :o

@ Chrono903

she's quite a handful ..... :wounded1:

but a nice girl all the same...

CGs are too long !!!!!11 :lol:

no, seriously, one of the best seamasters ever. what mods did you do?

The following mods were done to these watches:

25318000:

- Genuine Omega movement

- Genuine hands

- Genuine bezel

- Genuine crown and crown tube

22545000:

- Genuine Omega movement

- Genuine hands

- Genuine bezel

- Genuine crystal

- Genuine clasp

Not as much as you think it would have costed.

:)

22545000:

- Genuine Omega movement

- Genuine hands

- Genuine bezel

- Genuine crystal

- Genuine clasp

Not as much as you think it would have costed.

:)

impressive list, i wouldn't call it a rep anymore.

how's timekeeping?

Edited by Hok

this 2254.50 is like the six million dollar man -- "we have the technology... we can rebuild him..."

where do you get your parts, that after all this upgrading it's not the same price as the darn original?!

r11co: you said crown/tube is one of the most important upgrades -- is that cosmetically, or is there usually a physical/mechanical problem here like i hear about the clasp spring?

great thread!! just what i needed!

this 2254.50 is like the six million dollar man -- "we have the technology... we can rebuild him..."

where do you get your parts, that after all this upgrading it's not the same price as the darn original?!

r11co: you said crown/tube is one of the most important upgrades -- is that cosmetically, or is there usually a physical/mechanical problem here like i hear about the clasp spring?

great thread!! just what i needed!

I hope R11co doesnt mind me filling in here for this question, but yes the crown tube exchange has made the winding stem and its respective nearby components alot more sturdy. As with the replica was very weak in that aspect. I would also think that it is more waterproof than before.

> I hope R11co doesnt mind me filling in here for this question, but...

sounds good. i'm seeing these various mods just pile up in price, though. originally i was excited that for about $28 + $18 you could get the genuine hands, but then the dial costs half the price of the rep, and i have no idea how much the crown/tube -- and trick installation -- would run. i'm guessing, though, that at least fitting the original crown/stem to the 2824 is not going to be a problem... but then, you've got the original movement anyway, so it's no issue at all.

>> I think Marrick works for Omega....

> i certainely do my friends....but don't tell anyone!

NO WAY!!! YOU DO NOT! DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT! AAAAGH!! NO WAAAAY!! :Jumpy:

@ HighDef

Paul's (Aspire) standard black SMP, heavily modded.

I have to ask you about the gen crystal you installed. In a bygone post, you mentioned that it would not sit far enough in. What did you do about that? I am modding a 2254 at the moment and have many gen parts coming, including a crystal. I have access to and skills to use a complete machine shop.

I have to ask you about the gen crystal you installed. In a bygone post, you mentioned that it would not sit far enough in. What did you do about that? I am modding a 2254 at the moment and have many gen parts coming, including a crystal. I have access to and skills to use a complete machine shop.

The Gen crystal will not fit into the case properly, so i had to just adhesive and had to go to watchmaking to press the crystal in and clamp it in place.

If you have the model that i have, you will have some problems.

Hope this helps.

krustybrand: good luck w/ those new parts and mods. really looking forward to hearing more about how things go with that. luckily, sounds like quite a lot of "pros" here, with a lot of experience to share. best of luck, and let us know.

jsph