When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got a movement and dial...

Beachcomber

Getting excited, off to find a tube and a super dome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athaya sells a tube for the 700 if you have trouble finding a gen one. Just curious - with a sub from the early 1970s, was there a specific reason why you chose a 700 vs a 702? I'm only curious for my own knowledge for future builds. I like both crowns but never know when each is appropriate.

Athaya sells a tube for the 700 if you have trouble finding a gen one. Just curious - with a sub from the early 1970s, was there a specific reason why you chose a 700 vs a 702? I'm only curious for my own knowledge for future builds. I like both crowns but never know when each is appropriate.

Thanks, I just find them more esthetically pleasing. I've been looking for a tube but it may be more difficult to find a Gen one. I'm in no rush, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the tip

Supposedly the 700 was fitted till 71/72 so it's about right for mine

Thanks for the info. Boy, yours looks nice and original. Really has that vintage look to it. My red 1680 build is supposed to be from circa '69 and I have a ways to go if I want to make it believable. One of the steps is removing my 703 and putting on either a 702 or a 700. I really like the look of the 700!

Thanks for the info. Boy, yours looks nice and original. Really has that vintage look to it. My red 1680 build is supposed to be from circa '69 and I have a ways to go if I want to make it believable. One of the steps is removing my 703 and putting on either a 702 or a 700. I really like the look of the 700!

Good deals on these can be found but you need to be patient.

• Like 1

Yahoooooooo!!!! I now have a 2.8 mil Gen case!!! Dave was kind enough to sell me his, now I'm just going to have to get someone to put all of this together once all the parts arrive, who said you can't build around a dial? HahahaLet the fun begin.

I just passed on it haha I was considering getting it for my 5513 but I spent so much time on the casework, and Dbane's work - I couldn't get rid of it. Glad it went to Beachcomber! 

Thanks for the heads up on it. I just picked up a NOS bezel assembly from VRM, now I think it's complete.

a00ca7a304a4b19d2f40f950973e8bd7.jpg

• Like 1