When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Ultimate 1016

junbug5150

For those of you that know me, you know I've got a thing for 1016s and Gilt dials. Well back over on this thread I made my wife her 1016: https://rwg.cc/topic/178104-finally-finished-my-wifes-1016#comment-1415509

Since then I've been wanting to make myself something similar, but I wanted to use the best parts I can find. And it's finally complete: My Ultimate 1016

wWWan3ml.jpg

51bXgSPl.jpg

hxe4FA2l.jpg?2

YRRRZ7ul.jpg?1

9xc2HcXl.jpg?1

This is a jmb v2 case that's been tapped for gen tube and crown. I went with a Yuki Gilt dial and hands combination and added a gen jubilee bracelet I found on the Bay. All this runs on a recently serviced Swiss ETA 2824-2. I know the gen is 18,000 bph but I elected to go high beat.

I even asked Justin to engrave the case with my birth year. I also used the 6 million serial number which I believe is within that time frame.

4jf9pwul.jpg

5vljrBml.jpg

I've gone through A LOT of watches, but something tells me this guy is sticking around with me for a long time

GvMBj6wl.jpg?1

Rqx7fYml.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For those of you that know me, you know I've got a thing for 1016s and Gilt dials. Well back over on this thread I made my wife her 1016: https://rwg.cc/topic/178104-finally-finished-my-wifes-1016#comment-1415509

Since then I've been wanting to make myself something similar, but I wanted to use the best parts I can find. And it's finally complete: My Ultimate 1016

YRRRZ7ul.jpg?1

Thats a beauty! Is that a genuine 6mm crown?

• Like 1