When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got A 5x Loupe/man, Do I See My Reps In A Different "light"!

crystalcranium

Lots of interesting things popping up!

I have lost some respect for my Submariner replica. I now "see" what others have talked about as far as crispness of print on the dial and date wheel.

FA Jones Asian Movement: Dial looks like it was painted with an artist's brush freehand. Very cheap looking under magnification.

Breitling Bentley GT and Tag Link Chrono: Excellent dials with terrific attention to detail. Print font, especially on my white dial GT, is crisp and accurate. These are still my top two reps. My Speedmaster Broad Arrow is of slightly lower print quality but still pretty good.

Gonna open casebacks soon. Ohhhh boy!

Sounds terribly dissapointing...

Reminds me of the gal in the night club that has the hot ass in blue jeans...

Then you get her home and remove them...

And find nuttin but Cottage Cheese...

:lol:

TT

174325-8866.gif174325-8866.gif174325-8866.gif174325-8866.gif174325-8866.gif

You just reminded me of an old friend of mine (now dead unfortunately) who had a strong penchant for Pattaya's 'Go-Go' girls - who he insisted once he saw them clothed had been switched on him.... :rolleyes:

This is my biggest gripe. I guess im eagle eyed . I have a simple magnifying glass and you can see how truly awful some of the dials get especially the date wheels. Almost every date wheel I have ever seen on a replica watch sucks. On a gen you can take the date wheel up to 4x with a magnifying glass and never see a flaw. The dials on my reps suck thats from my $165 to $500. That said my $165 rep has the sharpest dial. I see members critiquing watches on things like lugs and CGs but lets face it the dial is the biggest give away and all these reps fail miserably in this respect. There are some exceptions like vintage Rolex witch had awful dial printing anyway and Andrews TueTone Sub. It has truly awesome dial print quality.

Edited by tonyp1

Simple answer.....don't look at them with a loupe.......either that or buy a pocketful....every time someone asks to see your watch....hand them a loupe and let them share in your disappointment.......whatdya expect for a couple of hundred bucks......Patek QC.....and no....he's not a QC.....!

Edited by TTK

Simple answer.....don't look at them with a loupe.......either that or buy a pocketful....every time someone asks to see your watch....hand them a loupe and let them share in your disappointment.......whatdya expect for a couple of hundred bucks......Patek QC.....and no....he's not a QC.....!

Ah Neil feeling better i see - :) good to see you up and around

175000-8707.gif175000-8707.gif175000-8707.gif175000-8707.gif175000-8707.gif

You just reminded me of an old friend of mine (now dead unfortunately) who had a strong penchant for Pattaya's 'Go-Go' girls - who he insisted once he saw them clothed had been switched on him.... :rolleyes:

Yup...that red light hides a lot...both in the LOS, AC, Vegas, Cleveland....the girls aren't dumb...and the $$ flashed for them, make's their clothes come off... :Jumpy:

Now back on topic...i had a bunch of very bad reps from asia lying around. I got bored one day and took my loupe out, had a peek and almost barfed...had a very nice laugh though...when I told a buddy about it...he stopped laughing when I said I was going to smash 'em up--like David Letterman style....he almost had a fit and begged to take 'em off me...so he is now sporting a Gaytona, LV Crapmariner and a GMT Dumpster II...

He'd rather spend his hours watching the girls on the chrome polls than out huntin' reps...lol.

cheers