When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help: Turn my dial up to 11

508-Fanatic

Hi All,

This is my pride and joy. Genuine cal.1520 and much in the way of gen parts or high quality work. DBane worked the case beautifully, and Dazza lumed up the dial quite lovely. I have a genuine perfectly faded MKII insert coming from Dave.

The thing I find is the dial still feels a little "flat" and I am looking for someone to "crank it up to 11" or tell me it's the best it can be...

Either post what you'll do and for what $$$ and/or PM me. Here's a couple decent shots of the watch as it sits now. 

5513-finished-1.jpg

5513-finished-4.jpg

Looks awful. I can't believe you would allow yourself to be seen with it. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for you.

LOL, just kidding. That is beautiful. Looks great to me just as it is. Maybe talk to Daz again and see if he can add some more pizzazz to it if that is what you are looking for. Maybe some texture?

To my jaundiced eye the dial looks great.  I'd take a slightly different approach... consider the Donerix trick of sanding the rehaut to bring the inside diameter back a little.

That will open up the face a little and reveal more of the minute ticks.  That might be all it needs.

To my jaundiced eye the dial looks great.  I'd take a slightly different approach... consider the Donerix trick of sanding the rehaut to bring the inside diameter back a little.

That will open up the face a little and reveal more of the minute ticks.  That might be all it needs.

That's not a bad idea, any guidance on how to best go about doing it?