When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For the Lord Vader Fans

droptopman

Yeah, I love Star Wars too, I grew up with the original trilogy. However, this Nixon is too big (typical Nixon) and well, what can you other than it's grossly overpriced. I guess it looks 'okay', nothing more, but for the money you could buy a real watch. Maybe Nixon are hoping for a Bond~Omega relationship. Anyway, does Vadar wear a Nixon in any of the movies? I guess not!

I remember going to see the original at the Neptune theater in Seattle.  My Aunt was going to the UW at the time and we waited in line for several hours to buy tickets for a show the next day.  It was crazy cool being in the U district in 1977 and seeing the Star Wars mania.  I was 11 years old.  Good times.  

Think of the royalties they have to pay to use the Vader theme.  I would guess a majority of their margin is going to Lucas Films....  

Not a fan of their watches or any that large but always fun to see what the "marketing geniuses" will come up with for a big release like a Star Wars movie.  One of my best friends has worn a humungous gold Nixon for years.  He bought it at Nordstroms so they re-plate it for free and he has it done a few times.  I was always giving him a bad time about how bad it is (in a fun way), but I have to give him credit he liked it and kept wearing it even with all the flak we gave him.  His father passed away a while back and left him a mint condition 16013 from the 80's, so he has retired the Nixon and joined the Rolex club.  Big change going from that "clock" to a DJ but only took a couple of days and he gets it.  Now he is always bagging on himself for wearing the Nixon.  

No offense to anyone that likes Nixon.  Everyone should wear what they like.        

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going to see the original at the Neptune theater in Seattle.  My Aunt was going to the UW at the time and we waited in line for several hours to buy tickets for a show the next day.  It was crazy cool being in the U district in 1977 and seeing the Star Wars mania.  I was 11 years old.  Good times.  

Think of the royalties they have to pay to use the Vader theme.  I would guess a majority of their margin is going to Lucas Films....  

Not a fan of their watches or any that large but always fun to see what the "marketing geniuses" will come up with for a big release like a Star Wars movie.  One of my best friends has worn a humungous gold Nixon for years.  He bought it at Nordstroms so they re-plate it for free and he has it done a few times.  I was always giving him a bad time about how bad it is (in a fun way), but I have to give him credit he liked it and kept wearing it even with all the flak we gave him.  His father passed away a while back and left him a mint condition 16013 from the 80's, so he has retired the Nixon and joined the Rolex club.  Big change going from that "clock" to a DJ but only took a couple of days and he gets it.  Now he is always bagging on himself for wearing the Nixon.  

No offense to anyone that likes Nixon.  Everyone should wear what they like.        

Disney now my friend :lol: