When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 2 Gmts Finally Arrived

tonyp1

Well mixed feelings here, these watches have ETA 2836 2 and truly AWESOME dials and I mean Ive looked at them with my 4x magnifying glass no flaws at all extremely sharp. I guess I have to take back the previous rant about how all rolex dials suck. Now the part that sucks they have case holes :huh: totally incorrect for a 2005 model. Normally I wouldn't care but they've change the II on the dial to ll. So I guess you win some and loose some more :bicycle:

Edited by tonyp1

Isn't the II and the ll thing a legitimate Rolex change where they changed the serif on the dials- of course, I can't tell you which came first, but how many WIS do you run into? And w/ lug holes, it's an older watch, in excellent condition! They look good and I'm w/ Submariner 2005- enjoy!

Sorry to make negative comment. The pepsi GMT has bad insert printing, especially at the "8" with part of the bottom missing. I have a GMT II with the same bezel insert defect. .:yuk: Bought it before I found RWG and the dealers here.

You are correct. What Ive found with these watches it that every watch will have something that sucks. The coke and Pepsi has a very nice crown while the black GMT has a nice one. Could you please post a pic of your correct bezel. Im on the rolex chat room and im seeing several different kinds. Here is a pic of the newest GEN GMT bezel.

Edited by tonyp1

You are correct. What Ive found with these watches it that every watch will have something that sucks. The coke and Pepsi has a very nice crown while the black GMT has a nice one. Could you please post a pic of your correct bezel. Im on the rolex chat room and im seeing several different kinds. Here is a pic of the newest GEN GMT bezel.

The picture posted by By-Thor on this thread have a good insert. I don't have a gen yet so sorry can't post any picture. One will be coming soon.