When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

David Bowie RIP

hambone

What a drag for a Monday. A great genius rock hero David Bowie has passed away at 69 from cancer. He was always one of favorite performers . We have the recordings but he will be sorely missed by millions.

aloha David

image.jpeg

Whilst I'm not a fan of his music (some is it is just okay for me), I do appreciate that he had massive talent. 69 is young these days and it shows what an indiscriminate beast cancer is. Even with his money he couldn't avoid the final outcome. RIP David :(

First Lemmy, then Bowie :-(

... I listen to his greatest hits (and some not so greatest which are also amazing sometimes) often while on long drives. Music lost a truly great man with his return to the stars, but he will surely live on for ages

RIP The Zigmeister

• Like 1

Heroes just for one Day,The Zigmeister Stardust, Major Tom, The Man who fell to Earth, David Bowie was around in some decisive, some good, some sad moments of my life and will be remembered as one of the great ones in Music and Art. Able to transmit feelings and inspiration, very versatile with totally different styles. RIP

db-transformation-colour.gif

• Like 2

On January 12, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Nightwatch said:

Heroes just for one Day,The Zigmeister Stardust, Major Tom, The Man who fell to Earth, David Bowie was around in some decisive, some good, some sad moments of my life and will be remembered as one of the great ones in Music and Art. Able to transmit feelings and inspiration, very versatile with totally different styles. RIP

db-transformation-colour.gif

Night watch , thanks for this drawing compilation . It's great. I'm surprised not more members here have the sense of loss. Of course it's both personal and a matter of taste. When John Lennon was killed , I was crushed. Partly because his assassin used to hang around the Gallery I worked, put an extra twist of pain.