When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 7750 sec@6? Maybe they did it! :D

GenTLe

A mate over RWG recently got an "SWF" factory Portuguese and made a VERY interesting discovery: the infamous sec@6 7750 has been modified.

This was the original one that was giving lots of problems and was basically stopping after some time:

?i=http%3A%2F%2Fi1365.photobucket.com%2F

The problem was caused by those gears used to move the second hand from 9 to 6, which were partially running without any jewels and therefore stressing hardly the movement because of their metal-on-metal friction.

The new one he got instead looks like this:

?i=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDArN3HI.jp

A totally different system to transfer the motion of the second hand from 6 to 9, and finally jeweled gears!

THIS should push enormously the sell of the watches based on this new movement version because of no more flickering second hand and, more important, a movement which is not fated to die quickly like the old version.

Because of this, it would be great if the TDs put in the album of the watches they have online, a photo (given you from the factory: I'm not asking them to disassemble a watch) showing the movement before the placement of the dial on it.
Or, at least, have something in the description that makes clear the specific watch is using the "new sec@6 jeweled transfer gears asian 7750".

Will we ever have something like that? Who knows... But the option should be really considered! :)

Cheers, GenTLe

Awesome improvement! Too bad it doesn't satisfy the thickness issue. I really wish someone would spend the $$$ and clone the 4030. Seriously, how many of us would pay $550 or so to get a proper modern Daytona rep at correct case thickness with working chrono's and reliability? They'd make up their $ in volume EASILY. Instead we're left to pay nearly $400 for kablooey watch, or $200 for one with a stuck face. Le sigh. 

1 hour ago, automatico said:

This is good news! I hope the Daytonas with sec @ 6 get this movement. The bad news is sellers will claim all their watches have it.

We could just have someone handy on the forums open one from a TD that claims it's in there, and then we'll know, and we can point people to the TD's that aren't full of shit on it.