When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusted Dealers

kernow

I wonder what percentage of their sales they attribute to rep forums.

Then I'd also wonder how much influence the TD's have via the rep forums with the factories.

Just asking as I wonder if we can get a Breitling Seagull Avenger II rep'd!!! :bangin:

Most of the buyers are from the forums. If somebody finds us on google, obviously they do a 3 second research and than all the rep forums pop up and they buy with more confidence.

The factories are businessmen, if they see a potential model and they do the math it's just business. Just because you or we think that a specific model would be hot sell there is never a guarantee for that and it can be a fiasco.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Toro, I guess your better qualified to answer than most.

How do they decide on 'what next'? I'd assume that big brands like Rolex are a given?

There are lots of uncertainty factors involved in early and cost-intensive states with up-front money (like when deciding if the batch should run 100, 500 or 1.000 pieces). If another factory places a model with better acceptance, or an unknown flaw is detected before the investment is recouped, it might get tight.

I´d suppose a single TD does not have much influence (except if upfronting production cost) but if a group of TD´s keep referring and asking for a specific brand/model or upgrade one of the factories will pick up the chance. Baselworld new releases sure get checked as well.

On 3 February 2016 at 6:25 PM, torobravo said:

Most of the buyers are from the forums.

And there you have it, straight from the horses mouth.  I knew with almost certainty that this was the case, but so so many people keep on saying that we on the various forums are only a minority of customers, so thank Toro for speaking up and setting the record straight and put those rumours to bed.

Toro is qualified for sure. That's one of the reasons I don't stock watches. I build on request. If I had a watch ready to go, I can say with certainty, the buyer would want to change something. LOL  What's hot today, may not be in 3 months. But even knowing that, I still have to stock a tremendous inventory for people to choose from. Some of my gen dials have been in the cabinet for years. I wonder if that's what makes this business fun? LOL  I must say though, most of my business comes from the forums. 

Cheers for the input guys. I'd did wonder myself if we get listened to on the forums. Certainly seems more than likely, especially through the likes of great dealers like Toro. 

They know that in order to be successful, firstly it has to be as close as possible to be 1:1, secondly it has to integrate in the right price range.

Let me put it this way, with an example. Let's say a good Oris non chrono diver, no matter how good it is, cannot be more expensive than 250-300 maximum (the selling price to the final customer), otherwise it won't sell.