When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trying out Watch Photography - Thoughts?

Raxford

Your photos look very nice. You are definitely doing OK. Looks like you are shooting inside a light tent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your photos look very nice. You are definitely doing OK. Looks like you are shooting inside a light tent?

My only critique would be to try to center your subjects better, or crop to get them centered. While in general photography, you would try to use the "Rule of thirds" to divide your frame into thirds and try to have your subject somewhat out of dead center. That rule doesn't hold true for product or advertising photography, as you want the product to bet he center of attention with nothing to distract the eye. Other than that your photos are very well done.

Here are three of yours and what I would do with them.fb844918fb7b8703289e83d22443183e.jpg

b61ee29bb92d3d5ac0101c62e34f504d.jpg

85e28e228e4c76866f54e3749fb29db1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panerai153 said:

My only critique would be to try to center your subjects better, or crop to get them centered. While in general photography, you would try to use the "Rule of thirds" to divide your frame into thirds and try to have your subject somewhat out of dead center. That rule doesn't hold true for product or advertising photography, as you want the product to bet he center of attention with nothing to distract the eye. Other than that your photos are very well done.

Here are three of yours and what I would do with them.fb844918fb7b8703289e83d22443183e.jpg

b61ee29bb92d3d5ac0101c62e34f504d.jpg

85e28e228e4c76866f54e3749fb29db1.jpg

Thanks!! Yeah, to be honest the only reason I cropped them funny was because I had a hard time getting them to stay up, so I'd prop them up with items. I'll find a good method for it I'm sure. Thanks for the compliments and the feedback!

See an example...

DSC_0117.JPG

Hi, fine pics, clean watches, well lighted and sharp. Nice contrast between sharp and fading on the Omega as well.

Idea: Instead of the light tent white I´d try placing the watch onto something: piece of wood/ book/ piece of leather/ metal sheet/ plate - things You have at home. It adds more colour and makes everything more interesting:)

Contrary to general belief imho You could also fill the light tent with whatever stuff/objects You have at hand and organize some foregrounds/ backgrounds, leaning the watch against things/ on things, filling it with backgrounds (that may than well be unsharp on the pic). 

It´s all about trying out different sets of lighting as well, main thing is to have fun.

Edited by Nightwatch

Hi, fine pics, clean watches, well lighted and sharp. Nice contrast between sharp and fading on the Omega as well.

Idea: Instead of the light tent white I´d try placing the watch onto something: piece of wood/ book/ piece of leather/ metal sheet/ plate - things You have at home. It adds more colour and makes everything more interesting:)

Contrary to general belief imho You could also fill the light tent with whatever stuff/objects You have at hand and organize some foregrounds/ backgrounds, leaning the watch against things/ on things, filling it with backgrounds (that may than well be unsharp on the pic). 

It´s all about trying out different sets of lighting as well, main thing is to have fun.

Thanks I like this a lot. I'll try to find that old Karma Sutra book or something haha :)