When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"That" question (1665 drsd)

GenTLe

I have been searching a good 1665 DRSD from quite some time... I studied the http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/ site and I came to the conclusion that the best one was one of the models Angus had prepared during 2011.

Imagine what? Sold out...

Some time has passed and in the meantime I purchased a donor Swatch from the nineties with a 2842 (same dimentions of the 2824) that I transformed into a 2846 (same dimentions of the 2836) which I finished to assemble this afternoon.

Now I am back on the track to search for the DRSD, and here I am to ask for your help... I looked in the various TD sites but I really don't have the eyes to distinguish between good or bad versions of the same watch... It took me one week just to select the best one from Angus (the sold out one) :(

Would you be so kind to suggest me a good stock DRSD? I won't start a franken project and the idea is to replace just the 2836 with my low beat swiss movement. So the rest should be decent as it comes from the dealer.

Eternally thankful,

GenTLe.

• Like 1

The MBW is no good?

My MBW was a good, solid watch for many years and with only a couple small upgrades it looked pretty good.

dr_work_new.jpg

Thanks but... Am I wrong or MBW is not anymore in the market? I kinda remember, if I am not confusing him with someone else, that I have read something regarding watches found from his wife (like if he died few years ago) sold here few months ago...

EDIT: found him http://rwg.cc/index.php?/topic/183042-Vintage-Rolex-5512-5513-5514-1680-(Red-or-White)

400$... Geez... =:-o

bELQa1M.jpg

These are two of the 4 MBW subs I bought. Great for modding. Red sub has a gen service insert so takes gen parts really well. Inside of the CG shape is better then any I've seen. You do the mods you would have to do to any rep sub and I think besides a Phong case this is the closest you will get to super rep.

• 2 weeks later...

Gentle i might have something for you :)! 

Pm me 

7 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Have you seen the latest JFactory cartel batches (presented last week)? Thoughts?

They seem nice (and I've already a 2846 to fit inside) :)

0d115bf66ad559f3171ec62bcdaba9dc.image.8

72a767a4d95b96671fabfeb511e3a9b3.image.8

9c0fefd88df72233f8ddc76aadcd2090.image.8

645ffb6dada7141b0ab71a92b54e33a2.image.8

03f1d1b90d4b1e6fea45a0c05a0b370f.image.8

More here: http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=352

I might have something for you gentle 

pm :) 

Just ordered the new 1665 looks pretty nice and should be good for modding :)

bELQa1M.jpg

These are two of the 4 MBW subs I bought. Great for modding. Red sub has a gen service insert so takes gen parts really well. Inside of the CG shape is better then any I've seen. You do the mods you would have to do to any rep sub and I think besides a Phong case this is the closest you will get to super rep.

Nice watches! What dial are you using on your 5512? Is it a yuki one?

not a bad case on the new cartel. dial and hands are no good. i see its still the same old flawed bracelet. bezel teeth and case back teeth are kind of dull. lugs are a little thick, rear CGs look like the submariner style ones and a little thick on the outside, looks like possibly a working he valve? case will require some work to make it something great. could actually be fun to work on.