When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

from Asian_Eta 2836-2 to ETA 2846

Dan71

Hi,

i have read that is possible switch from Asian_Eta 2836-2 ( hight beat ) to Eta 2846 ( low beat)  without change dial and Hand because they have the same diameter and height:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&ETA_2836_2

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&ETA_2846

in your experience is really possible ?

or i have to consider other elements like pinion  ? :g:

thanks

1 hour ago, SSTEEL said:

You just need to change the following parts to convert a 2836-2 to low beat.

Balance

Pallet fork

Escapement

I figure, but i'm not expert so i can't able to explain this mod to my watchsmith ..

so i think is more simple for me buy a 2846 bring it to my watchsmith for the switch, but i must be sure that is possible..:g:

Edited by Dan71

9 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

`Where you located?  I'm a service provider :)

Italy...

i'm waiting the watch ( rlx 1680 ) from perfect clones..so in the meantime I'm going to think how change from hight beat to low beat..

You just need to change the following parts to convert a 2836-2 to low beat.

Balance

Pallet fork

Escapement

Also: to move from 2842 (2824) to 2846 (2836) you just need the main plate and the parts related to date wheel change (and the 2846 use the same parts as 2836 for the date change mechanics).

2 hours ago, DVNE said:

Like I told you on RWI, you can switch out a 2836 with a 2846. Direct swap... The dial, hands and datewheel transfer over.

ok yes thanks for reply here the same boring question..:blush: i write here because an italian RWI 's guy have fill in my brain a doubt about pinion and hand..

so now i have understand that there are two option:

1) switch from 2836 to 2846 if i will find a cheap movement ..maybe an old watch on eBay ?

2) change only part of the movement with the help of the member ssteel or other voluntary guy..:pray: 

The main issue might be the needles because the hole that holds the needles onto the movement is different in size. But a skilled watch guy might be able to handle the mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew, the hands (needles) have the same size on 2824, 2836 and the low beat ones 2842/2846 etc. They are 1.50 x 0.90 x 0.25mm

The problem is with the 21j/dg2813 :)

ok yes thanks for reply here the same boring question..:blush: i write here because an italian RWI 's guy have fill in my brain a doubt about pinion and hand..

so now i have understand that there are two option:

1) switch from 2836 to 2846 if i will find a cheap movement ..maybe an old watch on eBay ?

2) change only part of the movement with the help of the member ssteel or other voluntary guy..:pray: 

I am not that Italian guy (but still Italian) :)

Cannon height is not a problem: if your 2836 has pinions taller than the 2842 you can just swap them.

You more likely find 2842 on the bay. They used it for many Swatch auto. 2846 is much rarer (that's the reason I bought a 2842 and converted to a 2846).

In any case the movement will need service as they are minimum 20 years old...

11 hours ago, Dan71 said:

@GenTle

OK thanks for the information ..i have find only a NOS 2846 from a USA seller but it cost 190 USD+shipping  :cc_hang:

I can get you a serviced 2846 for €100, pm me.

• 2 months later...

I have a old, broken, 2846. With a little luck I might have the 2846 parts you seek.  If you are still looking, please drop me a message. Else I will not bother going through all my parts. No charge (only for the shipping, if you want reg. shipping).

I have a old, broken, 2846. With a little luck I might have the 2846 parts you seek.  If you are still looking, please drop me a message. Else I will not bother going through all my parts. No charge (only for the shipping, if you want reg. shipping).

Thank you blix !

But i have finded in italy a 2846 for 60€ shipped..

I forgot: and it is perfect compatibile with 2836 !