When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White 1680...

TwoTone

My (uneducated) guess is an MBW with an 'ubinsert' :D (the date is just a tad misaligned...but the font is excellent) ... how do I know...I have one just like that...(thanks to Randy :victory: )

In any case, (real uber-MBW or real rolex...- this is not in the rep category for sure-) a beautiful piece...the white 1680 is to my eyes nicer than the coveted red counterpart, just my .02!

Cheers

Alex

good topic tt :whistling: , put us some better pics up closer to the dial and the side shot and that will help many that r trying to figure it out ok , if u want i can post my genuine for u right beside it for a comparison shot, ;)

joe

176601-8246.jpg

I'm going with gen even though the CGs don't look quite right. I'm fairly certain the hands are gen (but if they're ETA-compatible hands I MUST find out where to get a set) and therefore so is the movement. Now I suppose someone could have put a gen movement in an MBW case, but..... why? And the dial is definitely gen. So I say gen.

I'm going with gen even though the CGs don't look quite right. I'm fairly certain the hands are gen (but if they're ETA-compatible hands I MUST find out where to get a set) and therefore so is the movement. Now I suppose someone could have put a gen movement in an MBW case, but..... why? And the dial is definitely gen. So I say gen.

hmmm < hands r definitely gen.? uh oh could they be gen. tudor hands for eta movment?

lol

joe

176607-8245.jpg

now do u see a difference between genuine and not hands? r u sure they r genuine hands now?

and please im just showing u something and letting u figure it out yourself ok so dont take it as im being mean cause im really not ok

joe

now do u see a difference between genuine and not hands? r u sure they r genuine hands now?

and please im just showing u something and letting u figure it out yourself ok so dont take it as im being mean cause im really not ok

joe

I'm not even sure what your question is... but TwoTone's watch has gen Rolex hands on it.

i just read u say his hands r definitely genuine and was wondering how u came to that conclusion and was showing u a picture of a genuine set of hands for u to compare to and see if u see what i see is all

just trying to make it fun for all of us is all

joe

i just read u say his hands r definitely genuine and was wondering how u came to that conclusion and was showing u a picture of a genuine set of hands for u to compare to and see if u see what i see is all

Alot of rep hands look like the ones you posted, so that one is harder if indeed it is a gen (and I haven't looked at it for more than a glance). But staying on topic, I have yet to see any rep hands that look like the ones on the watch TWO TONE posted!!!

wow im sry u took offense , i guess since u did i will tell u about the pic im showing u and why , didnt mean to make u angry i was simply just trying to make u see what i saw and we have some fun , but i see u took offense and i apologize

basically the hand deal for me is if it is the genuine set of hands that came with the watch the part in the mercedes(Y) will be clearly wider than the others , it is not a big detail but for me i would say those hands on two tones is not genuine just because they look alot like the tudor hands i have worked with , which r better looking to me as well but still not as fat in the mercedes part (i call it the Y part)

the only thing that could throw my theory here is , if they r new replacments then they could still be called genuine i suppose , im just used to seeing true genuines in the 70's have the fatter (Y)

btw the pic is of my genuine , the only thing that was replaced on it is the pearl and it is genuine just not acrylic , i was told the pearl that was original looked so crappy so they decided to replace it (and also the crystal was replaced as well ) (and only two replacement links were put in the bracelet but i took them off because it fit me perfectly without them , lol ), but it does have an awesome twinlock genuine and all original crown and tube on it , which r not seen around much anymore and many were changed out when sent it for servicing , anyway i will leave u with this and not chime in anymore being u took offense , enjoy and hope u have a happy new year :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

176617-8243.jpg

oh yeah one more thing , it could be the picture as well, if we had a shot of it from the side and angled it would be more simple to see

I'll bite, and I will say it is real. if I am wrong, what's the harm in it? I am not a sub pro by any mean anyway, Randy will know based on all the questions that I asked him. One thing that I thought that if it is a rep, it took a some effort to pay attention to detail as far as the age of the edge of the bezel ring, that is one heck of a job if it turns out to be a rep. other than that, I thought the datewheel looked gen, cause it is bolder. speaking of which, is the datewheel project done randy? sorry have not hopped on the forum much in the past 2 weeks, been out to Asia, but now I am back full force I hope. well, TT, when will the information be unveiled?