When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reliability Of Portuguese Chrono

wadan

Short answer: NO :(

Have 2. (Panda + Laureus)

One only runs if shaken hard ( Is fully winded ), can then run 15-40min before it stops again. :black_eye:

Second one runs perfectly as long as it is on the wrist ( fixed at +1 second/day :thumbsupsmileyanim: ) but have only about 3h power reserve for some reason. Does not stay wound on winder, have a feeling rotor is not moving as freely as it should. ( HUGE difference in feeling/sound on this compared to other asian 7750 I have. Other have this "50.000rpm" feeling if shaken, but this one have much "slower" rotor. )

. Does not stay wound on winder, have a feeling rotor is not moving as freely as it should.

Mine works fine on the wrist and will run for about 3-4 days on the winder but then runs out of steam, so i seams that it need more vigorous :whistling: movement to keep it wound than the winder will provide.

Thats interesting, my panda runs great (knock on wood). It is very accurate, winds on my winder, and the second hand runs smoothly. The power reserve is about 24 hours though when not wound. I really abused this watch when I first purchased it. I ran the chrono all the time and never had a problem. Mine works great and it is one of my favorite watches.

Edited by ck986

my father has got one too...seems that there is a problem with the rotor...the little screw that keeps it, unscrews in few days...and the rotor is waffling...then when i screw it back it winds smoothly...but when is unscrewed it is very difficult to wind it...and the PR is really low...i don't know exactly how long it is...but i think if it is worn it is ok...but when put off the hand it stops pretty fast..

so this mvt is really a time bomb...you don't know when it will stop running and what problems will it bring...but the watch is really great looking...hope the replica people will make a better movement!

I have the same pb than Madonna : runs perfectly as long as it is on the wrist, but have only about 4h power reserve.

I have sent it back to my dealer (on his request), but still anxious about this movement. Too bad, it's one of my favorites :wounded1:

• 4 weeks later...
I am really sad for not finding this forum before I ordered my portuguese chrono (panda). Got it yesterday from Andrew, and it work for a half hour. Will send it back on his request. Just typical... :g:

ask andrew if he can replace it with another watch...different one I mean...not the IWC porto chrono...because sooner or later you'll have problems...

• 1 month later...

I had 2 Inge chrono's which use the same movement as the Port.chrono... trouble on both of them. First one ran fine and had good PR, but the hour hand and minute hand didn't run in sync... something wrong with one of the gears! The new one stops all the time, when i don't move anough like when watching a movie or theater play... or when asleep.... when i take it of it stops within minutes... what a horror... and this for my favorite watch!! :cry: