When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kawasaki H2 with our new H2R type exhaust

astonjenks

Nothing to do with watches, however some of my fellow horology enthusiasts like motorbikes and today saw the first starting up of my incredible 275 bhp H2 with our own developed H2R exhaust system, enjoy but make sure you turn it up!

https://youtu.be/BVQ7TOFlapY

AJ

My friend Fraggle where have you been?

Please visit www.tt3racing.com and see what i am up to in the IOM with a couple of our esteemed friends and colleagues here!

This is a road bike and does have the option of a baffle, however don't expect it will be allowed on a circuit other than European due to crazy noise restrictions!

Best regards

AJ

The guy who set this speed record is a friend of mine...I worked with him and his brother at a Kaw/Yam shop for a few years. I nicknamed him 'Zeek' and later 'Hatchet Head' because he is so little and skinny.

http://best-motorcycle-accidentlawyer.us/2016/02/27/kawasaki-h2r-top-speed/

Zeek's brother and his dad made a run at a record a few years ago. I nicknamed the brother 'Mighty Mouse' because he is a little bitty guy too.

http://www.sportrider.com/kawasaki-zx-10r-maxton-project-red-sled

I have a bunch of crazy stories about my 12 years at this shop plus I worked 5 years before that (in the early/mid 1980s) at a Yam/Suzuki shop owned by a pro wrestler (Devoy Brunson) and a couple years in the late 1980s at a Ducati/Husky shop (owned by a guy who was crazier than I was). Started out in a Norton/Triumph/Matchless/Ducati/AJS/Velocette shop waaay back. All my MC shop jobs later on were part time but my 'regular job' was just 3 days a week. Another pro wrestler named 'The Mongolian Stomper' used to come in the Yam/Suzuki shop often to see the owner and he drove a VW Scirocco...he was 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighed about 275...nicest guy you ever saw. He literally unfolded and crawled out of that little VW.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2000-12-08/entertainment/0012080078_1_mongolian-stu-hart-wrestler

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=the+mongolian+stomper&qpvt=the+mongolian+stomper&qpvt=the+mongolian+stomper&FORM=IQFRML

I been around. I trade watches now because I'm crippled up from various 'endeavors' throughout the years. Started MC riding about 1960 and started getting crippled up in the early 1980s when I went deer hunting on a '83 Suzuki GS1100ED up in the mountains.

Score = Deer 1   Me 0   Now I can tell when it is going to rain a day before it hits.  :pimp:

• Like 3

Automatico, I came *that* close to buying a Z1-R Turbo back in 1982.  It was seized from a drug dealer, and had an MTC cylinder, fuel injection, magneto, and faster than stink.  But man, it would NOT go around corners.  Bad combination!  :thumbdown:

Instead I got lucky, a friend owned the Honda shop here and he got me a CB1100F.  It's about the last one they made, #3803.

The story gets better... Freddie Spencer was racing the Superbike circuit and starting to get real serious about Formula, and he had two mechanics: Mike Velasco and Charlie McDonald.  Charlie had left Team Honda and settled in Anchorage, and we got to be great friends.  So he and I assembled the CBF and he told me how to break it in right.  I did, then at 600 miles he said "change the oil and ride hell out of it".  So I did, and blew up the engine.  :huh:

He brought his tools over and we pulled the engine, and he took it to his shop.  He breathed fire into it, billed the whole thing to the Factory, and brought it back... we reinstalled it and he handed me the keys and looked me dead in the eye and said "This thing will kill you now".  I laughed and thought he was just joking around... I said yeah, it was fast stock.  He stopped the laughing and repeated it again, dead serious ... "THIS THING WILL KILL YOU NOW" and I was kinda startled.  He's the one that built all the Daytona engines for Spencer, and the engines that beat Kenny Roberts.  He said he didn't do THAT to my little Scooter, but he said I needed some serious respect for it.  And boy was he right.  The thing was a monster up to about 10,000 and then quit breathing.

The pipe on it rotted out a year later, and I went looking.  I found Kaz Yoshima, and he got all excited about making me a pipe... said he had a new idea.  I told him the engine was built and he said "by who?" I told him Charlie did it, and he said "Ohhhhhh this pipe gon' work REAL good for you".  It turned out he had trained Charlie and the pipe he bent for me was perfect for the engine... it let it breathe and suddenly I couldn't find the redline any more.  Now the thing just screams and tries to tear your arms off, and I really, REALLY need to sell it.  My reflexes can't keep up with it anymore.  Before if I started to push either end I could catch it.  Now?  It's gonna hurt bad.  :stretcher:

Anyone want to buy a Little Scooter? 

Hi Andy, yeah, I've not been around much lately, I know.

Been busy with life and a lack of funds for this watch hobby - having to convert a couple of gens back to cash at the moment as some big expenses in the house. Hey ho, I knew they were just an alternative to the zero interest paying savings account :)

Just booked my Multistrada in for its MOT. I noticed I only did 375 miles last year, totally pathetic! At least the upside to that is it doesn't need its service yet :)

Nanuq, that little scooter on those frozen roads round yours? I bet you need good reactions!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boy you got that right!  My baby brudder took Scooter for a ride down along the ocean and stuffed it into a turn at max lean angle, hit a frost heave and grounded out the engine cases on the pavement.  He left an incredible series of "S" shaped skid marks as he headed for the opposite ditch and rocks.  He caught it before he went off the road, and came back, handed me the key and said "never EVER let me ride this *%$%@#<! again!!!"

Anyone wanna buy a Li'l Scooter?  I've only crashed it 4 times.....