When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Some Poeple Get So Much Money For Modifications?

t

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some poeple get more money for modifications as for the whole watch

i saw asian PAM 127 1950 (price max $150) with mods for 250euro ($330) in used condition on trading zone?

last time a sub or a gmt master with mods for $450

or a swiss unitas PAM127 for $750 incl. mods and selling for $550!!!!

what is your intention?

i think a rep will be a rep... if the rep is good quality and closed to the gneuine it is nice... if not i will not work some weeks to bring it closer to genuine.

if anybody will ask you: "hey nice watch it is genuine"... you will told him: "no it´s a rep, but cannion pin fixed by repaustria, superlumed hands by finepics, jimmy fu crown guard... bla bla bla" ????

No offence but Is it your money they are spending to do these mods? I didnt think so......Then why for gods sake do u give a rats ass.

Good lord....

Silly topic

G

no offense mates. I think tourbillon is asking the "real" motivation behind these modifications... I also wonder that too...

here is my analogy:

you buy a 1600cc 110HP cheap car and spend money for several modifications for it to go faster... yeah, it will go faster OK. but whatever you do it is still a 1600cc cheap car, you will never get the performance/feel/attitude of an expensive 3000cc 260HP car. no way... so why are you wasting your money and what is your motivation? a very simple question. :) (of course, it's your money, I don't care I just wonder... again take no offense)

I have many replicas and gens. I accept replicas are replicas, whatever I do. so I don't modify my reps. I respect others who do though.

and also I'm not against spending money on modifications, I bought a vintage Citizen cricket alarm watch which is not running well and adequate overall condition for $120. spend $250 for restoring it. it is now thickin'. :) but I'd never spend $250 for a replica to look more identical to gens.

Edited by deepsea

no offense mates. I think tourbillon is asking the "real" motivation behind these modifications... I also wonder that too...

here is my analogy:

you buy a 1600cc 110HP cheap car and spend money for several modifications for it to go faster... yeah, it will go faster OK. but whatever you do it is still a 1600cc cheap car, you will never get the performance/feel/attitude of an expensive 3000cc 260HP car. no way... so why are you wasting your money and what is your motivation? a very simple question. :) (of course, it's your money, I don't care I just wonder... again take no offense)

I have many replicas and gens. I accept replicas are replicas, whatever I do. so I don't modify my reps. I respect others who do though.

and also I'm not against spending money on modifications, I bought a vintage Citizen cricket alarm watch which is not running well and adequate overall condition for $120. spend $250 for restoring it. it is now thickin'. :) but I'd never spend $250 for a replica to look more identical to gens.

$250 for modification is ok

only the extra lume will cost $200

for a full moded PAM you must pay many many more :animal_rooster:

• 3 years later...

A very good thread.

I think he is questioning those who mod and 2 months later sell on possibly looking for profit or why mod a $250 watch that is a rep of a gen product. Either way it's not my money so I could care less. Tattoos are Yonkers but I accept that they are just not my thing. Now I have a 1665 but only plan a couple mods. I am a perfectionist in most things I do but I see a rep for what it is. Certain mods make the watch perform better, such as a gen crown and tube replacement. Gens have their own issues as well. Visit many of the fora and enjoy their stories. My gen Fortis b-42's like is worse than some of my reps.