When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pic Of Me On Track At Virginia International Raceway

section8

Just got this print in the mail from a track event I did in November, felt like showing off :p

177411-8090.jpg

As this relates to watches, i was wearing a gen Tag Heuer Targa Florio while driving :D

Ok Joe first question, as we can see the checkered flag being waved......................did you win :D

Nice pic BTW :)

Ken

HAHA! I'd like to think I won, but it was only an "instructional" event. The checker marked the end of that session, but I thought it added a dramatic touch to the picture is why i bought this one.

Nice FD!!!

I use to have one too but crashed it on the track!! I am sure you had a great time!!! VIR is a nice course!

Ouch! I guess you were ok since you're still with us, but sorry to hear you crashed your baby :(

This was my 3rd event, all at VIR. What an amazing track. 07 will be a great year, I'm planning on doing Summit Point Main course in march and Summit Shenendoah too, and the big event is Mosport in June :D

My wife was at this event too in her RX8, here's a pic of her in rollercoaster

177488-8086.jpg

HAHA! I'd like to think I won, but it was only an "instructional" event. The checker marked the end of that session, but I thought it added a dramatic touch to the picture is why i bought this one.

Ouch! I guess you were ok since you're still with us, but sorry to hear you crashed your baby :(

This was my 3rd event, all at VIR. What an amazing track. 07 will be a great year, I'm planning on doing Summit Point Main course in march and Summit Shenendoah too, and the big event is Mosport in June :D

My wife was at this event too in her RX8, here's a pic of her in rollercoaster

177657-8054.jpg

I have never raced Summit, but Mosport is a great track too. Very different than VIR, I'll be racing the Bridgestone F2000 series there this year, what weekend in June will you be there? I will eb racing June 1-3rd.

Nice FD!

Any mods to the 13B?

Thanks! Not a whole lot, I took it pretty slow for the first 2 years while i learned to drive :) then this past year things starting happening. Right now it has a downpipe, cat back, koni yellow adjustables, eibach springs, stainless steel brake lines, kirk 4 pt rollbar, harnesses, and the Apex'i Power FC. Got a few misc gauges in there too along with Carbotech pads and Kumho V700s on the track wheels and some cheap ass Fuzions for street tires :D

I have never raced Summit, but Mosport is a great track too. Very different than VIR, I'll be racing the Bridgestone F2000 series there this year, what weekend in June will you be there? I will eb racing June 1-3rd.

AWESOME! You're much further than me if you're racing, I just started doing track events in 05 - before that i did 2 years of Autox. I'm planning on doing a BMW event June 8th-10th at Mosport so I guess I'll just miss you, bummer.

very nice.

i am close to Lime Rock and go to events regularly.

i have had many sports cars over the years.. including a RX7 and a lightly modded Twin Turbo Z w/ 40kmi

have fun and keep the rubberside down. :-)

@section8 -bikes too?

current stock -Aprila LE RSV1000R all carbon + brembros and twin hi-mount 'povics and a Gixxer 1k with TRE, PCommand, TIFORCE.. etc... either one still on MSO and less than 2k miles.

Looks like a lot of fun. I am jealous. But where is the watch? :lol:

I guess i need to do a watch photoshoot with my car as the backdrop :D

Here's a shot of the watch though, sans car.

184094-6411.jpg

Apparently, after discussing a bit with my friend the other day, the 20B is still strapped on the pallet sitting next to the car. I asked him if he was ever going to get it done... He said maybe some day, if he ever gets the time (he's only home 10 days a month or so)...

What a shame! Ask him how much he wants for the engine :p

very nice.

i am close to Lime Rock and go to events regularly.

i have had many sports cars over the years.. including a RX7 and a lightly modded Twin Turbo Z w/ 40kmi

have fun and keep the rubberside down. :-)

@section8 -bikes too?

current stock -Aprila LE RSV1000R all carbon + brembros and twin hi-mount 'povics and a Gixxer 1k with TRE, PCommand, TIFORCE.. etc... either one still on MSO and less than 2k miles.

I'd love to do Lime Rock - My dad did a Skip Barber 1 day school there and loved it. Did you track that TT Z any?

I'd love to have a bike as well - I hear the events for bikes at VIR are great - but I'd have to get a divorce if I bought one because my wife would leave me!

Sweet.

I used to race with Pettit Racing back in the day.... I've had 7 FD's in various stages of modification.

I have a MKIV Supra and a Ducati that see various HPDE up in Dinwiddy/@ VIR.

Maybe I'll see you around.

Watch out for the big oak tree. Heh.

Wow! 7? That's a lot. Are you on the rx7 list or over at the forum? I'm Section8 there too. The wife and I will probably be back at VIR in november with the Audi club so maybe we can meet up then. Let me know if you're going to do any events at Summit too!

I'd love to have a bike as well - I hear the events for bikes at VIR are great - but I'd have to get a divorce if I bought one because my wife would leave me!

Wow! 7? That's a lot. Are you on the rx7 list or over at the forum? I'm Section8 there too. The wife and I will probably be back at VIR in november with the Audi club so maybe we can meet up then. Let me know if you're going to do any events at Summit too!

Come on down and run the Gap with the RX-7 club. I've done a few LS-1 swaps/assisted with them as of late. Interesting... not my cup of tea...but interesting.

I was on the forum waaaay back in the day.... but not lately. I'm on SF though. VIR ROCKS for bikes....