When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy For Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono

vmena

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the silver hands too...

I assume everyone realizes that the combination of this particular black face, the red hands, and the rubber strap is a variant of the Carrera, the "Carrera Tachymeter Racing". These three things go together. Here's the link on Tag's web site: Headlines > New Products - Carrera Tachymeter Racing From Tag's web site, it doesn't look like they sell the model with the red hands with anything but that black face and the rubber strap or a metal bracelet. They don't have the red hands with anything else but that black face. So you can buy a different bracelet, but there is still a reason why the rep has the combination of features it does. If you put silver hands on that black face, it's a fantasy watch. Tag doesn't make it.

Edited by MikeC65

I assume everyone realizes that the combination of this particular black face, the red hands, and the rubber strap is a variant of the Carrera, the "Carrera Tachymeter Racing". These three things go together. Here's the link on Tag's web site: Headlines > New Products - Carrera Tachymeter Racing From Tag's web site, it doesn't look like they sell the model with the red hands with anything but that black face and the rubber strap or a metal bracelet. They don't have the red hands with anything else but that black face. So you can buy a different bracelet, but there is still a reason why the rep has the combination of features it does. If you put silver hands on that black face, it's a fantasy watch. Tag doesn't make it.

Mike makes a very good point, that despite that fact that one may want an SS bracelet or silver hands it doesn't make the watch very accurate. The carrera is meant to be a sports watch, and tag has purposfully designed this watch to suit the sport of racing. If you want a classy watch, I suggest looking at a watch that is designed to be classy. I say give us the most accurate rep that can be delivered. Then wear your watches accordingly

Mike makes a very good point, that despite that fact that one may want an SS bracelet or silver hands it doesn't make the watch very accurate. The carrera is meant to be a sports watch, and tag has purposfully designed this watch to suit the sport of racing. If you want a classy watch, I suggest looking at a watch that is designed to be classy. I say give us the most accurate rep that can be delivered. Then wear your watches accordingly

The silver hands on the all black dial are not accurate but the bracelet is.

The silver hands on the all black dial are not accurate but the bracelet is.

Yes, you're right, and I tried to make that point in my post but I guess I wasn't clear. With the gen, you CAN buy that particular black face/red hands with a metal bracelet. But you CANNOT buy that black face with silver hands. That particular face (the one from the Carrera Tachymeter Racing) only comes with the red ones, at least according to Tag's web site.

Yes, you're right, and I tried to make that point in my post but I guess I wasn't clear. With the gen, you CAN buy that particular black face/red hands with a metal bracelet. But you CANNOT buy that black face with silver hands. That particular face (the one from the Carrera Tachymeter Racing) only comes with the red ones, at least according to Tag's web site.

And a damn fine looking watch it is. I originally liked the borwn/leather version best, but after drooling over pix of this version for a few days I am starting to love it.

I was wanting to get a rubber strap for my gen 42mm PO and never did. This will take the current place of that for now. Rubber strap increases the overall wearability/durability of a watch IMO.

OT - Anyone know if the rep rubber PO strap will fit the 42mm Gen? The Gen strap is a fortune.

How could it be a fantasy watch? The same black dial with silver hands I posted in different pics is the gen...:

178609-7837.jpg

No, it's not the same, Gioarmani. The pic you posted is of the regular Carrera, which is a completely different dial from the Racing version even though they are both black. I put the pics from Tag's web site here so you can compare. The Racing dial only comes with red hands, not silver hands. So if you put silver hands on the Racing dial, it's, at the very least, not accurate (although maybe "fantasy" was a bit strongly worded). The rep we are talking about here has the Racing dial as it's a rep of the Racing version. So if you want it to look accurate, you need the red hands.

REGULAR VERSION:

178634-7830.jpg

RACING VERSION:

178634-7831.jpg

Edited by MikeC65

True... the dials are different.

PS: I think the "red hands" version makes the other models look a bit dull. "Red" would be my choice without a doubt, I love colors... and they fit perfectly to a watch with the racing theme. Mmm, I think I might need this... must resist... ;)

Mmm, I think I might need this... must resist... ;)

He, he, he... you will finally fall :rolleyes:

Ok guys, I've asked King for the origin of the bracelet to know if they're going to use the existing Tag Chrono one and the possibility of a different dial, specifically the standard black one with silver chrono hands instead of red. I'll keep you informed of the answer.

Guest RiverwindMDS
He, he, he... you will finally fall :rolleyes:

Ok guys, I've asked King for the origin of the bracelet to know if they're going to use the existing Tag Chrono one and the possibility of a different dial, specifically the standard black one with silver chrono hands instead of red. I'll keep you informed of the answer.

Man, I must resist too... I have too many projects running to buy also this...

I don't think you get it mike... what gioarmani and I are saying is we like the regular carrera model more... which is the silver hands one...

No, it's not the same, Gioarmani. The pic you posted is of the regular Carrera, which is a completely different dial from the Racing version even though they are both black. I put the pics from Tag's web site here so you can compare. The Racing dial only comes with red hands, not silver hands. So if you put silver hands on the Racing dial, it's, at the very least, not accurate (although maybe "fantasy" was a bit strongly worded). The rep we are talking about here has the Racing dial as it's a rep of the Racing version. So if you want it to look accurate, you need the red hands.

REGULAR VERSION:

178648-7828.jpg

RACING VERSION:

178648-7829.jpg

Vmena - I'm interested in this. Can you please post a link to the watch being offered (I'm getting confused by the different versions) with details of movement etc.

UPDATE: Assuming the watch in this link, count me in !!!

Many thanks for organising this.

JSW

Edited by jsw

Vmena - I'm interested in this. Can you please post a link to the watch being offered (I'm getting confused by the different versions) with details of movement etc.

UPDATE: Assuming the watch in this link, count me in !!!

Many thanks for organising this.

JSW

My pleasure :)

Quick update: SS bracelet will be available on Jan 20th. Quite similar to the one for the model TAG051-Swiss you can see HERE

Still waiting to know if we can see pics of a sample before to order and if some of you that do not want the rubber strap could order directly the SS bracelet for same price (230 USD).

Quick update: SS bracelet will be available on Jan 20th. Quite similar to the one for the model TAG051-Swiss you can see HERE

Still waiting to know if we can see pics of a sample before to order and if some of you that do not want the rubber strap could order directly the SS bracelet for same price (230 USD).

Great news! Count me in for both bracelets...