When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Watching...

ubiquitous

Guilty here as well. I'm constantly pausing and rewinding the tivo to get a better look at what watch is in the shot. My wife looks at me and says "you're obsessed" which I agree to :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch watching...an obsession.

Out with some buddies a while back and we spotted a young-hot mother with an infant in a stroller. The two single guys commented -"smokin hot" and a married bud with a newborn of his own looks at me and says" Timmy, is that a Maclaren stroller"?....I say "yea the techno series...like 4 bills for that stroller".... :D ....funny how things change. BTW she was wearing a TT Datejust

hahaha

Yes, Randy, we are all guilty, and for those people who have been reading the thread, and have not posted anything, they are guilty of it too. but yes, our wives and significant others should appreciate the fact that some of us check out watches rather than other women's assets, and I mean some of us....but I got my wife trained like that too now, as she is in the sales business and have looked at what other people are wearing, and if she finds some common ground, then she will use it, to bond with her clients, such as, "Yes, my husband has a submariner too!", or "my husband's Panerai looks just like yours"..... She's got it to a T.

I think most of us HAVE to do it. It's what we're into. My wife called me obsessed when I called out the ROO Patrick Dempsey wears on "Grey's Anatomy". I was admiring the shine on comedian Joey Medina's Breitling (from across the room) at a comedy club last night. Couldn't tell what the host was wearing, something big.

The cool thing is that whether you have a rep or a gen, you learn about both and have something to talk about with other people who are into watches. It's a good conversation starter.

I do it, too. All the time. But mostly I do not go up to them and ask them about their watch or anything like that. Especially not if they are much older than me&total strangers (I'm still pretty young).

But since I check out almost everyones wrist, I have seen quite a few PAMs, even at places or events where you wouldnt think anyone would wear a Pam. My niece (5 years old) had a play at her kindergarden and I saw quite a few parenty with Pams and omegas and so on!

Even during our last thaiboxing tournament I saw the father of my victim wearing an Omega. But it didnt fit the rest of him, he came with sweatpants (had a mullet, too) and looked rather funny :)

I must admit I always look to see what someone has on their wrist...............But my wife always catches me admiring whats on my wrist..."you love that watch more than me"...she is always saying.......

But hey lately I have caught here more than once asking me "what watch does that person have on?"

could it be catching on?

My wife made an observation the other day- That observation being that I spend more time looking at people's wrists than anything else just to see what watches people are wearing. Now... This is, in my opinion, quite harmless and better than getting busted for checking out some other girl's 'assets' per se, but I realized that my wrist staring must be pretty apparent if she's mentioning it.

What I'm wondering is... Is this common amongst all of us watch nerds?

THe problem is not starting at the girls asses - the problem is when the guys catch you staring at their "watch" / they think ass - cause it looks like somethign interesting

Guest RiverwindMDS
My wife made an observation the other day- That observation being that I spend more time looking at people's wrists than anything else just to see what watches people are wearing. Now... This is, in my opinion, quite harmless and better than getting busted for checking out some other girl's 'assets' per se, but I realized that my wrist staring must be pretty apparent if she's mentioning it.

What I'm wondering is... Is this common amongst all of us watch nerds?

I thought I was the only one... the probem is when you don't recognise the watch and you start trying to see the brand of the watch reading the dial from a long distance. Everyone would notice it...

Guest RiverwindMDS
Watch watching...an obsession.

Out with some buddies a while back and we spotted a young-hot mother with an infant in a stroller. The two single guys commented -"smokin hot" and a married bud with a newborn of his own looks at me and says" Timmy, is that a Maclaren stroller"?....I say "yea the techno series...like 4 bills for that stroller".... :D ....funny how things change. BTW she was wearing a TT Datejust

The woman where I go and take my cloths usually last year had one coloured daytona on one wrist and a gold daytona on the other...Now this year only a "Leopardo" Daytona. And she's selling me the cloths for the 35% off, I think she's earning also with that discount too much...HEHEEHEHEH

By the way she's an ugly woman...

Of course!

Unfortunately, dunno why, but here in Chicago (downtown and near north sides) in all the years I've been doing this, I can count on 1 hand the number of nice watches I've seen.

Some of the obligatory Subs, 2-3 Pams, a Breit, and one time a short, skinny guy wearing an IWC Portuguese.

I must not hang out in the right places.

Of course!

Unfortunately, dunno why, but here in Chicago (downtown and near north sides) in all the years I've been doing this, I can count on 1 hand the number of nice watches I've seen.

Some of the obligatory Subs, 2-3 Pams, a Breit, and one time a short, skinny guy wearing an IWC Portuguese.

I must not hang out in the right places.

Living in a smaller city that has a reputation for being a "cowboy town" I don't get to see too many nice watches either. But recently with the oil boom here you are seing more nice watches but still mostly the big brands like Rolex, Omega and Tag.

I, too, am guilty. What is especially sad is that sometimes when I see an attractive couple, I quickly become more interested in what is on his wrist than fully appreciating the woman. It's a disconcerting hint that I am getting old.

Another wrinkle to this theme is being in meetings and finding myself much more interested in what watches people are wearing than what is being said. It's pretty bad form to be asked a question at moments when you have no idea what direction the current discussion has taken. Fortunately this hasn't happened to me yet, but not for lack of inattention.