When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Rolex Drsd Or Great White

Sherrington

I can't make my mind up between leaving my MBW as a DRSD or a Great White, so I want you guys to help me decide. Here are the pics:-

MBW DRSD

Genuine Tropic 39, Genuine Pearl and the best aftermarket insert, Genuine Crown and tube, CG's reworked, Dial relumed in vintage lume by The Zigmeister (hardly any lume at all really, but very realistic), Bold font datewheel, Correct 93150 hollow link bracelet with correct clasp, Lugholes drilled and genuine springbars fitted, Caseback aged and stripped of paint.

178708-7815.jpg

MBW Great White

Mods as above but with:- Genuine Pearl and insert, Genuine Tropic 39 flat top crystal (notice the 5 minute markers are not as distorted!!), Dial lumed as above by The Zigmeister.

178708-7816.jpg

Which ever comes out on top I will keep to that model and sell the spare dial!!!

The DRSD is the most beautifull IMHO :thumbsupsmileyanim: '

Mine is getting a lot of wrist time!

regards

Huub

I can't make my mind up between leaving my MBW as a DRSD or a Great White, so I want you guys to help me decide. Here are the pics:-

MBW DRSD

Genuine Tropic 39, Genuine Pearl and the best aftermarket insert, Genuine Crown and tube, CG's reworked, Dial relumed in vintage lume by The Zigmeister (hardly any lume at all really, but very realistic), Bold font datewheel, Correct 93150 hollow link bracelet with correct clasp, Lugholes drilled and genuine springbars fitted, Caseback aged and stripped of paint.

178763-7801.jpg

MBW Great White

Mods as above but with:- Genuine Pearl and insert, Genuine Tropic 39 flat top crystal (notice the 5 minute markers are not as distorted!!), Dial lumed as above by The Zigmeister.

178763-7802.jpg

Which ever comes out on top I will keep to that model and sell the spare dial!!!

I think that you should follow the local trend, and go with the white dial (I'd like to end up being the only one with a DRSD :thumbsupsmileyanim: ).

One other consideration is the case back. I can't see yours, but I'm guessing that it has the straight "Rolex" text, which is correct for the DRSD. Do you also have the correct back for the white?

I think there is some confusion. I only have one MBW but different dials and crystals to enable either version to be created. I will decide which version I will create after your input. Then I will sell the spare parts. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is tricky for people that want to buy the left-overs to be impartial. :D

Guest RiverwindMDS

I think it have to be a matter of taste.

More or less the 98% of the population don't know the difference between a double red and a white sd so don't ask too many questions to you and ask yourself what do you like more.

I think it have to be a matter of taste.

and ask yourself what do you like more.

I think I am leaning more towards the Great White. The lugs are the right width and the case looks a bit too new for a DRSD. The dials both have their flaws but I like the fact you can easliy see "Sea Dweller" on the Great White a lot easier than the DRSD. I also like the look of the genuine flat top crystal than the superdome.

The only left over part I will be selling will be a dial (already sold the insert and the SD is staying with me!!!), which considering The Zigmeister lumed it, someone will be getting a fantastic deal!!!

Thank you, Dave. Now all you need is one of these:

179538-7675.jpg

I don't really mind the caseback that I have on which is the version with the Rolex in a straight line. Backs have been interchanged over the years anyhow and I have seen White 1665's with the older style back on. Also if someone asks you to take off your watch for a closer look then you would be called out anyway. Especially if he was a WIS, or Randy!!!!

You could always send me your caseback!!!!

Nice choice... But, both dials are nice! And, with both having been ziggy-lumed, both VERY desirable as wel!

As for the casebacks... It's possible to see a straight back on a white as the dials have been known to have been changed by Rolex during service (e.g. because of chipped dials, etc. as mentioned in the TZ discussion). What might be a little more questionable is to see a curved back with a DRSD dial :g:

As always, beautiful work, DS. Good stuff!

Randy