When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Or Andrew

rich

Hello, I know there has been some negative stuff written about paul and damn near nothing negative about andrew. i am looking at a gold daytona with a black face that only paul had before but now andrew is just carrying too. to complicate it somewhat, i want an additional black leather strap to give the watch some versatility. both dealers can supply that too. the price difference works out to be $110. in paul's favour. good god that's a big difference. to be honest, i am somewhat scared to deal with paul with what i have read, but the price is sooo enticing. your opinions please :whistling:

Well here comes another post of 'pick your dealer first' etc....

By the sounds of it you've done a search on the dealers. Can't really help you anymore than that, its really down to whether you want to save $100 or not!

I've had a dealing with Paul, with no problem, so I would go with him and save the money. There are going to be others who say go with Andrew because he's very reputable.

Actually, I'm not sure it matters who you buy it from since the jury-rigged movement will surely fail, and no dealer is going to replace a Daytona a couple of months down the road.

However, in general you get what you pay for, sometimes less. I didn't realize Wo-mart had become a good bet again, with it being hit and miss I've just crossed it off the list entirely a while back.

paul. that movement will fail in time. you can use $100 difference to buy another one. honestly, it's the same watch anyway.

I also agree with bklm1234, it's a freaking rep that is gonna fail sooner or later, buy 2 from Paul with the money. And since when a dealer offers after sale service on an asian 7750 or on any movement for that matter. If it arrives DOA both will replace it , if it stops after a week both will replace it, if it breaks after 4 months is anybody going to replace the watch or put a new movement in it for free?

Anybody here believes so?

I would say try your luck with Paul (you are already trying your luck with the daytona itself ;))

I've had three 7750's fail on me, and Joshua has replaced two of them so far. With Paul, he didn't reply to any of my emails when I received a rusty Yachtmaster.

Impressive! After how long from purchace did they fail? Have heard other complains and horror stories about Paul but my dealings with him have been good so far, 6 reps so far in 4 different shipments spread in almost 2 years now. But lately I read more and more good reviews for him and for the prices he sells you cannot blame people feeling the itch. :)

I also agree with bklm1234, it's a freaking rep that is gonna fail sooner or later, buy 2 from Paul with the money. And since when a dealer offers after sale service on an asian 7750 or on any movement for that matter. If it arrives DOA both will replace it , if it stops after a week both will replace it, if it breaks after 4 months is anybody going to replace the watch or put a new movement in it for free?

Anybody here believes so?

I would say try your luck with Paul (you are already trying your luck with the daytona itself ;))

I know for a fact, yes. My Daytona's movement quit working. The watch is now almost 6 months old; I just mailed it back to Josh last week, and he's replacing the entire movement for nothing.

And I'll probably have it back to me in less than a week.

I know for a fact Andrew would do the same for me, without question.

If there are only certain dealers on multiple boards that all hold virtually unblemmished reputations for outstanding products & service, they have them for a reason.

I know for a fact, yes. My Daytona's movement quit working. The watch is now almost 6 months old; I just mailed it back to Josh last week, and he's replacing the entire movement for nothing.

I stand corrected and impressed!

Impressive! After how long from purchace did they fail? Have heard other complains and horror stories about Paul but my dealings with him have been good so far, 6 reps so far in 4 different shipments spread in almost 2 years now. But lately I read more and more good reviews for him and for the prices he sells you cannot blame people feeling the itch. :)

Took

a week or so

for them to stop working. I still have two more which are still going at it.... hopefully a while more

I'm new here and due to the recommendations of this site and others. I bought 4 watches from Andrew in the past 30 days. 2 for gifts and 2 for myself. My neighbor bought 1 watch from him 2 weeks ago. I received excellent and prompt service. i highly recommend him.

Purchased a "perfect" sub from Andrew a couple of weeks back, and am very happy. It basically came down to the fact that I was spending a little extra on the serviced rep, and hadn't heard any negative remarks about Andrew whatsoever. I figure the extra $100 bought me piece of mind. I hate to throw cliches out there, but you get what you pay for...

I would also strongly recomend Andrew and Joshua for your purchases. I have bought many wathes from both and have gotten nothing but professional service from both of them. I have a PO waiting for me in the post office right now from Andrew.

Totally separate category of dealers....

Paul is like buying from a bubble gum machine,... cheap trinkets yes.. instant gratification,..but if not careful,

you will end up paying for a watch that would not pass the scrutinization of a bum in the park for a sip of wine....

Andrew is like going into a mid to high replica store and spending some time with a knowledgeable friend

that will point out his best, then gift-wrap your choice and walk you to the door... and later that evening

you will be able to attend a black tie affair hold your champaign glass with your watch hand,... and pick

up the ceo's daughter,... ^_^

If there are only certain dealers on multiple boards that all hold virtually unblemmished reputations for outstanding products & service, they have them for a reason.

I am impressed. I hope Andrew will replace the movement in my explorer II I bought from him when it fails if ever. It gives me a nice comfy feeling now that g said the above. My explorer II is absolutely gorgeous.

I've bought from both dealers. All pieces bought from Paul were flawless so no need to test the aftersales service. My experiences with Andrew are documented elsewhere on this forum, but to summarize the first piece came disassembled because there was no way the bits would fit together, plus the movement was corroded. A second piece was delivered FOC that accepted the supplied strap, but that movement too needed work (which I completed myself) to make it acceptable.

I wouldn't buy from either now, though, while Silix are around as generally they can match the prices of wo-mart and beat Trusty for after sales care. If they don't list an item - ask. 99.9% of the time they'll get it.

My main concern here is the choice of watch. High chance of failure with low chance of successful repair....

I wouldn't buy from either now, though, while Silix are around as generally they can match the prices of wo-mart and beat Trusty for after sales care. If they don't list an item - ask. 99.9% of the time they'll get it.

My main concern here is the choice of watch. High chance of failure with low chance of successful repair....

Though not one of the choices in question by this thread...True,.. Jay cannot be beat,..