When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MQ Dial Fitting

ironman18

I have been eyeing this dial for awhile now.. 

http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=815&category_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Anyone tried this dial? Will it fit eta 2824? Based on what I read i reckon 390 has different dial feet with 2824?

Or do I need to clip the dial feet?

Edited by ironman18

The dial feet are not in a useful position for an ETA movement unfortunately.

There is a company in my native Yorkshire. Www.agthomas.co.uk of Bradford. I know they sell replacement dial feet that stick on and are somewhat better than dial dots. Possibly other watch parts companies have them as well.

3 hours ago, ironman18 said:

I have been eyeing this dial for awhile now.. 

http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=815&category_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Anyone tried this dial? Will it fit eta 2824? Based on what I read i reckon 390 has different dial feet with 2824?

Or do I need to clip the dial feet?

Just get a Yuki 7928 dial.  It looks exactly the same to me.  Fits all eta 28xx

Thanks gents! 

I actually already bought a yuki.. what bothers me with the yuki is the "triangle" size index at 12oclock.. its too small, same as the triangle index used on the snowflake dial

7016/7928 dials have a longer and slimmer triangle, slimmer 3-6-9 indeces as well..

Edited by ironman18

Forget glue-on dial feet. Unless you have a feet-soldering machine, the right size dial feet and know what you're doing, get dial dots. Dial dots are fantastic, anyone who says they aren't a worthy replacement clearly has never used them (or got cheap crap from China). 3 or 4 dial dots will secure any dial sufficiently - no wiggling.

Dial feet come in various lengths and widths, you need to find the right ones for your movement, shorten them, position them correctly (which is a huge pain in the ass unless you have a template), abrade the area on the dial where you want to glue them etc. etc. If the feet are just slightly off position, the dial won't be centered. 

You don't need to do any of that shit with dial dots. Trust me, get dial dots! 

• Like 1

I mostly agree with slay. I have tried Bergeon dial feet on multiple dials, with proper surface prep & various adhesives/epoxies/cements & they always fall off. No so with good dial dots. In some cases, you may have to stack 2 or 3 dots on top of each other for proper spacing, but the only real downside to dial dots is that they must be positioned so they do not interfere with components & the adhesive can be a bit of a pain to remove during overhauls.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2016 at 4:05 AM, ironman18 said:

Thanks gents! 

I actually already bought a yuki.. what bothers me with the yuki is the "triangle" size index at 12oclock.. its too small, same as the triangle index used on the snowflake dial

7016/7928 dials have a longer and slimmer triangle, slimmer 3-6-9 indeces as well..

Now I hear this?   Darn.    I thought Yuki dials were pretty accurate so thanks for the heads up.    I wonder why he doesn't fix that inaccuracy.

11 minutes ago, RickFlorida said:

Now I hear this?   Darn.    I thought Yuki dials were pretty accurate so thanks for the heads up.    I wonder why he doesn't fix that inaccuracy.

Well, it's hard to get a lot of things correct on such highly detailed stuff and with better printing and quality, the price will raise for most of Yukis customers. Maybe he wants to keep the customers and lets the 'anal' guys be handled by other guys such as MQ, Phong etc.