When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dangerous Hobby?

Torques

I was taking out a screw from a link to size to my wrist. It is one of the scamwatches. This is the first time I have ever had a screw seize on the way out. I had to dremmel the link off. I was extremely careful to avoid damaging the nearby link. I couldn't even get one of the other screws in all the way, almost but not quite. Well during the job, I punched a hole in my finger (bled pretty good) and tore a hole in the front of a pretty nice teeshirt. Maybe I need special certification. :black_eye:

Edited by Torques

Sorry about the finger, it'll heal up good in no time. As far as the special certification, you just gave it to yourself, and you'll be acknowledged by all that paste this link elsewhere to lead back to your misfortune!

Hope the watch fits well now!

Esmarc :pimp:

No-one can! :p

I find it dead easy. What I do is leave everything out, with the tools and stuff and go to the pub, leaving Mrs Pugwash reading the instructions. When I get back, the Ikea bits have been turned into furniture. This is how I built a bookcase in our new house a couple of weeks ago.

I find it dead easy. What I do is leave everything out, with the tools and stuff and go to the pub, leaving Mrs Pugwash reading the instructions. When I get back, the Ikea bits have been turned into furniture. This is how I built a bookcase in our new house a couple of weeks ago.

Ah this is genius! The difficult bit I find is that once you've laid out the parts, the hex keys, and read the instructions there is usually a blazing row in which the furniture is destroyed. This usually comes to pass by having someone standing over your shoulder 'helping'. To be honest, the preceding three hours stuck in an Ikea car park trying to jam it into the car normally doesn't help. ;)

With regards to working with watches...

A very large portion of success is attributed to having the right tools. Experience is a HUGE contributing factor to the equation... Patience is one of the virtues that one must possess to keep a cool head while working with these things (work cannot and should not be rushed). And, of course, money is also a requirement; this way one can buy a new watch once the prior new watch is broken :p

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

The first real apartment I got, almost all the furnishings were from IKEA -- bed, tables, shelves, desk, chairs etc. It wasn't that hard, just terribly repetitive (I had blisters on my fingers so big I looked like I was wearing mittens) but in the time it took me to put all that crap together -- literally every weekend for about a month -- I could have spent doing manual labor for other people, and bought myself better furniture. Never again.

hahah..I wish i could perform this same trick using Mrs. Section8