When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

final connecting link 93150 bracelet

Dan71

Hi,

as do you know, the cartel bracelet 93150 have a flaws on final connecting link , the line engraved on it ( see pic.1) 

where i can find a final connecting link without this line engraved ( see gen bracelet  pic.2 ) ? 

Obviously i can't ask to AD because i have to show them an original 93150..otherwise they call :busted_cop:

and if i polished it until it disappear ?

maybe the steel came too mach thin and weak ? :g:

pic.1.png

pic.2.png

Edited by Dan71

1 hour ago, QueTip said:

Check if you have some half links around, I did that on a two tone bracelet I had a while ago. You can pry the links apart and remove the center of the half mid link and do the same on the connecting piece and exchange them. 

I have the hollow  link in excess!

so do you mean that i have to cut in the middle of the rear side of this link and folded it like the final connection: recreate the bend in wich pass trough springbar   ? :g:

But i need special tool and manual skill for this work ?

Do you have same pics of your work?

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Edited by Dan71

8 minutes ago, Dan71 said:

so isn't necessary modded the final connecting link..:1a:

Ok, but i can't understand how are connect the endlink on the bracelet..maybe your isn't a 93150 ?

They are all constructed the same way. I am happy it worked out without needing modification in the end. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

The 'wedge' shape on the end of the newer style connecting links is there to prevent the link from turning up and scuffing the top surface of the link against the bracelet hood...the 'wedge' butts against the rounded side of the case and stops the connecting link from turning up high enough to rub against the hood (in theory).  This is not very important, especially on a replica so regular type rounded connecting links are Ok and a lot easier to find or make.  Keep a lookout for 'off brand' and generic steel bracelets at yard sales, flea markets etc that have center links similar to the connecting links you need.  

I tackled this problem recently with Mary's lovely 7836 band. You can get pretty good results if you find the right bits to fit in there.

http://rwg.cc/topic/185088-new-end-mid-links-for-a-7836/

I see now your reply..above I reply to automatico.

Good solution for your GMT , but I have to buy an entire bracelet..maybe here on rwi sale part ?

And if I cut in the middle and fold my bracelet link in excess? ( that I have removed from bracelet for adjust wrist size)

But maybe the 501b is the best solution for cover this line engrave..