When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It never ends...new project...gilt Tudor 7928

docthor

Just yesterday I said to Daytona1984 that my next big project is "no new watches and/or projects"...well...today I "accidentaly" bought a very nice gilt 7928 dial. No question that I need to put it into a nice case....hummm...this never gets to an end I guess :(

98a2e54ac2b183b5145c1afddeaa4258.jpg

b535640c89fe4fb5b1ec614bd54605ce.jpg

More to come once the dial is here. I'd love to hear your suggestions about what should be around that dial :)

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

I guess a good recipe for a decent 7928 would look like:

Cartel Tudor 7928 as base

Tiger concept gilt hands

ETA 2846

Gen T19

WSO bezel assembly

WSO bezel inlay

Gen 703 crown and tube

Do you guys think it's necessary to change the cb from the Cartel 7928 or is it a decent looking piece?

I'd leave the Tudor JKF case back on but if you ever wanna trade me for a 5513 Cartel v2 caseback LMK and I will pay for shipping both ways @docthor :)

Edited by DVNE

Yees, it does:

However, it's a bit inaccurate. With buffing and a whole lot of patience it can be made to look "better" but it isn't right.

@docthor.. Sorry mate, but that dial isn't especially good, I think without wasting a fortune you can do better.

Try finding a better Vietnam-dial. They usually go for between 120-200 USD if you have some luck with the auction.

Ja...the gen gilt dials I found on the net have either a minute chapter ring or the writing is in white.

The seller stated that it is a true negative relief gilt dial. It's already on its way and with a little luck the sellers statement is true. If so I don't care if it's a fantasy dial or not...it looks very nice after all (to me) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Soo...the dial arrived today and my first thought was..."cool...they sent me the wrong dial"...cool because the dial I got today has a chapter ring just like all the gilt dials have.

The dial looks really nice...it's glossy, it's a true gilt dial, it's very nice printed...and...it's totally fantasy...

It's an OYSTER PRINCE and no OYSTER-PRINCE...it has to be matte and not glossy....

20161123_13415042u7t.jpg
20161123_134202k1umz.jpg
20161123_134213dsu31.jpg
20161123_13422331uji.jpg
20161123_134227o8u85.jpg

But the good is...I got it really cheap and I keep it. I'm going to build my own fantasy gilt Tudor with it and would be a nice looking watch that almost no one knows what it is anyway even if it was complete gen :D