When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swan neck movement? Yeah right.

Nanuq

Gents, I've recently picked up a PAM 604 with the P.3000 movement.  It's running pretty fast so I did some research... several sites are saying it has a Swan Neck regulator.  They also say it has Decorative Plates to look like a P.3000.

The only regulator I see is the tab sticking out from the balance jewel holding the end of the hairspring.  Looking closely I figured the hairspring approaches the tab from the right, so I turned the tab clockwise to lower tension and slow it down.  It doesn't seem to make any difference in the rate.

Is there another approach to regulating this?

swan neck.jpg

I've been looking and there are other PAMs with the same case diameter but much prettier movements, also with swan neck regulators.

Being a dyed-in-the-wool Rolex guy, and knowing excruciating minutiae about the beasts, it's a little painful to be a noob neophyte about PAMs.  What is the ligne and stem height, what are the hand tube diameters?  Will a 6497 fit a P.3000 case?

Argh.  I have to start all over again with a new brand.

I'm making an educated guess here, that is a faux plate covering the regulating arm. The arm you attempted to adjust is the stud retaining arm. It is used primarily for anchoring the hairspring and adjusting the beat error. It 'should' also have an affect on the timing.

The regulating arm I guess is hidden beneath the faux plate. Just remember, tiny, tiny movements make a lot of difference to the rate.

If you get stuck, you're welcome to send it to me for regulating FOC ;)

I was right...