When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5517 Dial

altesporsche

Hey Fellas,

I have a 5517 case on the way and it will accept a gen 1520 movement and I have a movement sitting around for a COMEX build that seems to be forever ongoing lol Does anyone have a good source for a 5517 dial with feet for a 1520 movement ? Im looking for something high quality.  he the hunt for a set of hands that fit a 1520 lol  I think I could be taking on a harder build than the 5514. .

Cheers

C.  

Someone was selling dial and insert here a while ago that was very nice . Can't find the thread though ...Errors n all that.

omega hands might be you're best bet, all aftermarket are too long .

• Like 1

Yea I was thinking of the omegas, but then I have to broach them for the 1520 etc.. but they would be more accurate and I doubt ill find a set of gens lol the last set I seen was 18K

I recall that thread as well and it had the insert with the big serifs and looked amazing !  lol I need to buy this stuff when I see it as I know ill use it someday for a build.  I think there was a gen service 5513 dial that had the T applied to it afterwards for sale a while back.

• Like 2

MQ is worth checking out for a high-end dial:
http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=800&category_id=146&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

There are no accurate inserts. There is one from Helanrou with serif numbers, however they are too small and the quality of the insert material itself pretty poor.

Here's mine with an ETA 2836 movement next to s gen. They dial was from Ingod44, unfortunately no longer in business.
b28faf2fff1a9619e7875fdf3ae40d41.jpg

• Like 1

Think you could ask Helenarou if they would print a custom dial, without lume.
You send them a crispy pdf or eps file of the dial and they print it for you.
Then you find a set of Omega hands and send the whole (dial + hands) to a modder to get the lume done.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ohh I have to check out this Phong insert.   I have a full case set and dial coming from Helenarou now and two dials hopefully being made by MQ, a proper one for my COMEX build and a 5517 dial for this build.  Still having trouble with the hands for the 1520 and then being the correct length.. that will drive me insane and the only thing that's holding a good build of the 5517 back.