When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black And White

ubiquitous

I wish the rep makers could find a solution to rep the El Primero Daytona properly somehow. It's indeed a beauty... I like it more than the modern version. Actually, I wouldn't mind a 1:1 modern Daytona with frozen faux chronograph, either. Just to have one in my collection to photograph and admire...

PS: After thinking it long and hard I think I like your white dial version better. :)

Yessir- Got the movement back yesterday afternoon from Ziggy; I had everything put together before dinner :)

That was about a 10 day turn time from you shipping and me sending it back...I think it left here last Friday, got to love USPS, never failed me yet.

Good to see the movement in place and I am guessing it's all working fine and started right up when you wound it?

Do you dare open the sealed mainspring barrel so we can see how the 50 hours of power reserve is accomplished?

Isnt' there a By-Law in Colorado against owing two El Primero Daytona's...

Wear them well.

RG

BT- I enjoy the white dial quite a lot, but the black dial is a nice change as well. It's a versatile combo... But the white dial (to me) is the 'classic' El Primero Daytona :)

Ziggy- Yessir... 10 days turn time total! You never cease to amaze me on this stuff... And the work you've done on the movement is phenominal- it now looks brand new! I couldn't believe this was the same one I originally sent, and neither could Jess... A night and day difference from the old dirty movement I sent you! And the movement started right up... Ran through the night, and is now on my right wrist (white one is on my left). Thank you for working your magic on this (as always)!

Hmmm... So, do we open up that barrel? (I have no idea how :) )...

BT- I enjoy the white dial quite a lot, but the black dial is a nice change as well. It's a versatile combo... But the white dial (to me) is the 'classic' El Primero Daytona :)

Ziggy- Yessir... 10 days turn time total! You never cease to amaze me on this stuff... And the work you've done on the movement is phenominal- it now looks brand new! I couldn't believe this was the same one I originally sent, and neither could Jess... A night and day difference from the old dirty movement I sent you! And the movement started right up... Ran through the night, and is now on my right wrist (white one is on my left). Thank you for working your magic on this (as always)!

Hmmm... So, do we open up that barrel? (I have no idea how :) )...

Excellent news, I am always like a nervous parent when I return stuff...1+ hours in the Ultrasonic machine can do wonders...

To open the barrel, look at the side that has the cover on it and hold that side up (most likely the part stamped "Do not open") just ignore the warning, hold the barrel by the sides, put the end and flat part of your tweezers against the arbour sticking out the bottom, press with the flat part of the tweezers and the cover will pop off, but the mainspring should not come out. Once the cover is loose, remove it carefully and take the spring out from the center, watch your EYES as it can fly out if your not careful... Post a picture of it when it's out...

RG