When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginmariner

miquel

Just got the Beginmariner from Josh this week. I have never been a huge fan of the modern Rollies, preferring the 5513 over all others. But, this winter I got the modern Rollie "bug". It all started with TTK and his terrific Noobmariner pics. I really wanted another watch, but I had to lay low as I had just got a PO months earlier. Lucky for me, my wife's Yachtie died, and she wanted something new. Enter Josh and Perfect-clones :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I ordered and 4, yes 4, days later I got the goods!

182077-6983.jpg

182077-6984.jpg

182077-6985.jpg

Edited by miquel

Nice shots Miguel, I especially like your "Bible" under your watches- Skeet and Urul's "Vintage Rolex Sport Models". I also got the Beginmariner a few weeks ago from Josh, but I haven't even done anything to it, other than wind it, set the time and put it on the watchwinder. Haven't even taken the plastic off of the bracelet. But sooner or later, I'll take the movement out, straighten up the cg's and check out the movement. I'm hoping it's the "WO" Seagull movement, the same as is in my TWG 5512. Is that the other sub in your pic, the TWG 5513?

Yes it is! I got it from Andrew about 14months ago. I just took it to the wave pool yesterday and she was a champ in the water!

I installed a new insert and tries to dull the hands and markers a little, but they are still a bright yellow.

I think the Beginmariner is a super value for the money. I wear it to work as a beater. Everyone at work knows of my "obsession" and they love to check out my new watches when I get them. They were all very impressed with this one.

Lucky for me, my wife's Yachtie died, and she wanted something new. Enter Josh and Perfect-clones

Ahh yes the pray for my wife's watch to die so I can sneek in something for me in my next order scam.

I use a similiar, my friend asked me to get him a watch so I got a better deal on two version myself. :thumbsupsmileyanim: